named Kingsford Smith Airport isthe largest city in Australia - Sydney. This airport is considered one of the oldest and largest airports in the world. Despite his age, the airport provides high-quality service organization through constant upgrades.
Every year served more than 32 million passengers and performed more than 300 thousand takeoffs and landings. Airport operates three runways, length 2529, 2438 and 3968 meters.
The airport is capable of handling all types of aircraft, including the largest aircraft in the world Airbus A380.
It is said that the airport does not send and does not receive flights from 11 pm to 6 am.
Sydney Airport has 3 active terminal:
- Terminal 1 is used for serviceinternational flights. It is in this terminal is served by liner Airbus A380. It has 25 boarding bridges in the terminal building, there are 12 baggage carousels. The terminal started to be used since the 1970s.
- Terminal 2 is used exclusively for domestic flights.
- At Terminal 3 site formerly housed the mainpassenger terminal, which replaces the terminal 1. The terminal 3 is also used for domestic flights, most of the flights operated by airlines Qantas
The terminals for passengers are available various services that you might need on the road.
Among the standard services are: cafes and restaurants, ATMs, post office, luggage storage, shops, etc.
For Business Class passengers have a superior room. For children there is a games room and a room mother and child.
It can be reached in several ways from the airport in Sydney:
- State Transit Airport Bus company in bright green. Buses run to the city every 20 minutes, ticket costs in the neighborhood of $ 7. On the way it will take about an hour.
- The train - in all three terminals has w / d station. By train Airport Link for $ 16 you can get to the city center.
- Taxis will take passengers to the city center in about 15 minutes. The fare will be about $ 13.
In addition, companies operate at the airport, with car rental. Therefore, the city can be reached on their own.