The Republic of Azerbaijan - a country unique. It is located in the Near East, the Middle East and Eastern Europe at the same time, Azerbaijan and the sea really does is not. To the list of uniqueness, you can add the presence of nine of the eleven existing on the planet climatic zones, while the country ranks only 112th in the world in the area of its territory.
That's made contact to the sea, borderingthe coast of Azerbaijan. The story of his name is shrouded in mystery, and the answer to the question of what the sea washes Azerbaijan, can be version of "Caspian" and the version of "Khazar". Khazar world's largest closed lake was called the Turks and Persians, and the Caspian Sea, it was called, according to historians, in honor of the tribe, who lived on these shores before the new era. The nomads were called cusps and engaged in horse breeding, and the lake became a sea on the globe not only because of the huge sizes. Its bottom has the form of oceanic crust.
- The coastline of Azerbaijan Sea is not less than 6.7 thousand. Km.
- The Caspian Sea is located nearly fifty islands of various sizes.
- The sea flows 130 rivers, of which the most famous are the Volga, Ural and Terek.
- The Caspian Sea washes the shores of Azeyrbaydzhana not only, but also four other states.
- The largest port on the Caspian Sea - the capital of Baku. The city is located on the Absheron Peninsula.
- The water level in the Caspian Sea varies very significantly, due to the climatic and anthropogenic causes.
Find out what the sea in Azerbaijan, travelersinterest and climatic conditions. On the shores of the Caspian Sea, scientists say the weather, typical of semi-desert and dry steppe climate. This area is characterized by hot and long summer with minimal rainfall and a moderate temperature values for the winter. The southern part of the Caspian Sea coast in the town of Lankaran region has a warm climate. In autumn there are blowing strong winds from the north, and the rainfall is several times more than in the summer.
Points of interest
Major tourist destinations in Azerbaijan -unique archaeological monuments and natural reserves. Beach vacation is not developed because of not very favorable ecological conditions in the coastal region. This is associated with oil, and other effects of human activities. The main historical attractions on the seafront in Azerbaijan is concentrated in Baku and on the Absheron Peninsula.
Azerbaijan - promo video