Culture of Belarus
The current territory of the Republic of Belarus storesmany monuments of culture and architecture, allows us to assume that the people inhabiting this land has always been a talented and skillful. Belarus Culture is closely linked to the customs of neighboring Russia and Ukraine, if only because that part of Kievan Rus in the tenth century Belarus was baptized according to the Byzantine rite.
Monuments of world significance
On the Belarusian land remained not so mucharchitectural monuments, which can bear the title of relics global scale. All because of the heavy fighting that took place here during the Second World War and destroyed many buildings and monuments. Of the remaining and restored especially recommended for travelers to see:
- Euphrosyne convent in Polotsk, which wasIt founded by the granddaughter of Vseslav Magician. Princess dedicated her life to the spiritual education of residents, and the Transfiguration Cathedral of the monastery, built in the middle of the XII century, is one of the most important monuments of the East Slavic architecture, it has come down to posterity in its original form.
- Kamenets tower - the tallest of buildings such as Volyn. Erected at the end of the XIII century on the orders of Prince Vladimir at the time of foundation of the city of Kamenetz.
- Corpus Christi Church with Nesvizh-based andbuilt in the second half of the XVI century. Early Baroque monument, built by Italian master Bernardoni, famous for its beautiful frescoes. Chief among them "The Last Supper" is decorated nadaltarnoe space.
- Castle of the XIV century in the city of Lida, built ondecree of Duke Gediminas. The construction helps to resist attacks of the Crusaders, towering on an artificial hill. Castle Swedes destroyed and fires, it stopped roving magicians and wandering circus until he was taken under protection in 1982.
- Mir Castle, which entered the list of world cultural heritage by UNESCO. Its construction began in the XVI century in the village of Mir, with the purpose of the construction is unlikely to serve a defensive purpose.
Francis Skaryna and the Psalms
Francis Skaryna Born in Polotsk in 1517He published the first printed book, made in Church Slavonic. He became the founder of the Belarusian printing. A considerable role in the development of culture of Belarus played and Jan Czeczot. A native of Minsk province has devoted much of his life collecting and publishing folk songs and tales.