Flags of Europe
Historically, that many countriesthe world had to defend his country's right to be independent and indivisible, have its state symbols, which would be a unique and unrepeatable. Every country in Europe has its own flag. In general, all the flags of Europe can be divided into international and national.
Category international flags has six varieties of flags:
1. The flag of Benelux. These include Belgium flags of States, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
2. The Council of Europe's Flag / EU Flag (1986), which is a blue fabric with a circle of stars. 12 stars on the flag, they have five-pointed and bright yellow color.
3. The flag of the Commonwealth of Nations. It was approved in 1976 and looks like a blue cloth, which is located in the center of the golden symbol of community and a large letter "C". And in the very letter signed globe.
4. Flag of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or NATO flag. This cloth rectangular blue. The central part of the flag takes an unusual star, consisting of four beams. This star is placed in a white circle, and the circle of the end beams diverge in the four corners of the white lines. This international flag appeared in 1953.
5. Flag of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The flag was adopted in 1991 and represents a rectangular panel of dark blue color, which shows the emblem of the organization. At first glance it seems that the two human palm, which hold a small model of the world.
6. Flag of the Central European Free Trade Association. Approved in the 90s and became a symbol of a free trade zone between different European countries.
To carry national flags European flagsthe following countries: Austria, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Vatican, Great Britain, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Georgia, Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Kazakhstan, the Republic of Cyprus, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia and Estonia.
Each of these flags has a historythe origin and meaning. Each of them looks in its own and is a national symbol of each country. The color scheme is absolutely diverse, not to say that in the design of flags used by any standards. They are connected various legends. But they all share one thing - they represent an independent state.
Each individual country has its own national symbols. And the flag takes in a number of ...
Flag of Greece
Among the European countries the Greek flag is the most easily recognizable and memorable ....
Flag of Switzerland
Swiss flag deserves special attention. Its shape is different from other flags Sta ...
Flag of Norway
Norwegian flag is a rectangular cloth of red color with the image on the ...
- Articles about Europe
- Museums mysteries
- Rivers of Europe
- Alone in Europe
- Railways in Europe
- Western Europe
- Outlets in Europe
- Resorts in Europe
- Europe Trains
- Trip to Europe
- Features of Europe