A glance at the map will be able to see whatNice areas divide the city into two parts - the old (left bank) and a new "French" (right bank). By areas include Nice Fabron, Cimiez, Carred'Or, Mont Boron, Vernier, Port de Nice, Vieux Nice, Arenas (all 23 districts and quarters).
Description and area attractions
- Vieux Nice ( "old Nice"): offer tourists to go for a walk on the Cours Saleya street (Mondays open flea market where you can get the old photos and postcards, antiques, vases and ornaments, and other days - food and flower market) and a viewing of the Cathedral of St. Reparata (the interior is decorated with Renaissance paintings of religious subjects) and the Prefecture Palace (in the interior - murals, gilding, wood carving, Corinthian columns, a winter garden and a gallery with works by the artist Jules Cheret).
- Port de Nice (Port area): appreciate restaurants where you can enjoy sea food, and even offered to go away on a yacht ride.
- Musiciens: an important area of the object - the Basilica of Notre Dame (2 square towers height - 65 m, the scene of the Assumption of the Virgin can be seen on the eastern facade).
- Vernier: famous for wine shop "Nicolas" and the National Museum of Marc Chagall (in addition to 17 paintings of biblical themes in the museum there are other works by Chagall - prints, stained glass, drawings, sketches).
- Carre d'Or: famous for its bars, boutiques, top brands, garden Albert I (travelers will rest here, surrounded by fountains, palm trees, blooming roses and sculptures, a garden decorated archway Venet made of black metal and equipped with a playground here for the kids).
- Cimiez: vacationers will be able to photograph are there old houses and buildings, to visit the Museum Matisse (a repository of Matisse works in the form of paintings, sculptures, various sketches) and the monastery garden (guests to relax amid pomegranate and citrus trees, various flowers and plants, braiding on artificial arches), and olive groves Cimiez annually invite guests to attend the International jazz festival.
Where to stay tourists
Tourists wishing to stay at the hotel, from the windowswhich you can admire the Cote d'Azur, it is recommended to pay attention to the placement tool next to the Promenade des Anglais (housing far from cheap, but the attractions, shops, the sea - everything is close).
Interested in a place where life is in full swing, day and night (night walks, parties, concerts)? Your version - Hotels near Old Nice.
Interested in relatively cheap hotels? You can find them near the port and in the musician's quarter (Musiciens).