Tours in Cologne
The fourth largest city in Germany isto the west of the country and famous for its medieval cathedral and the fact that it is here invented cologne - "water-in-Cologne." More than a million people consider their home city, and tours in Cologne are annually for tens of thousands of travelers a great way to spend the Christmas holidays, summer vacation or just a long weekend.
History and geography
Cologne is spread in the downstream one of the mostmajor European rivers, the Rhine and largely determines his life. Besides coal deposits on the outskirts of the city allowed him to become one of the major industrial centers of Europe.
The ancient Celts settled on these lands moreFifty centuries ago, but the first permanent settlement founded commander of Augustus, Agrippa shortly before the start of a new era. It brings the Middle Ages city status archbishopric, and in the IX century begins construction of the first cathedral of Cologne, and then - military fortifications, many of which can be seen during the tour participants tours in Cologne.
During its rich history, the city has gone through many ups and downs, periods of glory and oblivion, to eventually become one of the largest and most prosperous cities of the Old World.
Briefly about the importance
- Getting to Cologne easiest direct flight fromRussian capital. Travel time will not be more than three hours. International Airport is located midway between Cologne and Bonn, and caters to those two cities. It can be reached by electric train in about half an hour from the terminal to the center.
- Fans of ground transportation can make use of the bus or rail links. Stations in Cologne, take trains and buses from other German cities and European capitals.
- The climate allows the participants tours in Colognequite changeable weather seasons. Here it pronounced warm summer, when the thermometer 25 is fixed stable and cool winter with night temperatures reaching 0 degrees.
- Travel by public transport during the tourCologne can be carried out at one ticket on a tram and a bus, and subway. Travel documents are sold in orange kiosks at bus stops and be sure to compost at the entrance to the vehicle.
- Parking in the city are quite expensive, but becausetake a car rental during the tours in Cologne - a thankless task. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that it is impossible to rent a car to drive on many main streets. For violations exist imposing fines.