The zoo in Cologne
Cologne Zoological Garden was founded in 1860year. Today he is a world-renowned facility for the breeding and conservation of rare animals. In the Cologne Zoo participate prominent scientists-zoologists local university.
Cologne Zoological Garden
Workers Cologne Zoo make the mainemphasis on work with animals group of primates. It contains wild mountain gorillas, bonobos and lemurs. Much work is being done to preserve endangered species endemic to Madagascar. Cologne Zoo name associated by scientists with the research work on the study of the fauna of the Mongolian steppes.
Pride and Achievements
In 1971, there was an aquarium in the zoo of Cologne,1985 - House of primates, and in the beginning of the new century - the pavilion "Tropical forests" with a large population of birds and reptiles. Many visitors gather every day and the elephant enclosure, where you can watch the giants of the Asian jungles.
Park employees are proud of their success in the conservation of endangered bird species like red crane, Vietnamese pheasant, pigeon and duck pink Meller.
How to get there?
Location of the zoo - Riehler Str. 173, 50735 Koln, Germany. By public transport you can come here directly from the city center. From the Central Station in the park followed by a train of underground line 18, and from Ebertplatz - 140 bus route.
From March to October from the west wing of the Cologne Cathedral, every 30 minutes an express bus to the zoo.
The zoo is open 365 days of the year in Cologne. Opening hours of the park depend on the season:
- In the summer from 1 March to 30 October, he receives visitors from 09.00 to 18.00. Ticket office is open until 17.30. animal houses close at 17.45.
- In winter, from 1 November until 28 February Cologne Zoo is open from 09.00 to 17.00. For half an hour before closing stop selling tickets.
Price of tickets depends on the day of the week, and time of the visit:
- Normal adults, children and student tickets cost 17.50, 8.50 and 12.00 euros, respectively.
- On Monday, if it does not fall on a holiday, both adults and children and discounts for tickets to be paid only 14.50 and 6.50 euros.
- In the evening from Tuesday to Friday, and special rates are available. From 16.00 to 15.00 in the summer and winter adult and children's tickets are 14.50 and 6.50 respectively. During the holidays - the usual fare.
By purchasing a ticket, guests can see and the exposureaquarium. The right to have a child ticket visitors from 4 to 12 years. Toddlers up to 4 years old can visit the park free of charge. Holders of "Cologne Pass" cards get discounts when purchasing tickets to the zoo.
Amateur photos can be done without restrictions.
Services and contacts
In the park you can celebrate a birthday, dine at one of the cafes and buy souvenirs in the numerous shops.
Official Site - www.koelnerzoo.de.
Phone +49 221 567 99100.