Shopping in Goa
Souvenirs in Goa
Goa - is not only a paradise for the soul andbody, but also a great place for shopping. Where you can buy unique items that you will not find in any part of the world. This jewelry, and carved souvenirs made of wood or copper, handmade carpets, clothing and, of course, alcohol. Seeing all this diversity, many tourists are lost and after the first visit to the shop do not know what to bring from Goa. In order not to "spread out on the little things", we propose to discuss - what products are best to bring back from Goa and where they can be purchased.
As a rule, in the territory of the hotel or in theimmediate vicinity are shopping stalls with various utensils, spices and foods. But the most attractive for tourists who seek exotic and originality are the flea markets, or markets in the state capital - the city of Panaji.
Flea markets are numeroustent traders, which are located directly on the coast. The most famous are considered to be markets in Anjuna and Arpora. It should be noted that the first of them work during the day, and the second - at night. And although the flavor and feel of the night visit to the market much longer, there is a risk to buy low-quality products, as you can not see the defects in the dim light of the lamps. Not less popular markets near the beaches of Baga and Mapusa. So, what to buy in Goa?
What can you bring back from Goa
- Products made of papier-mache. This is not about fancy masks and souvenirs, and of this furniture. Skilled craftsmen are made of papier-mache tables and chairs, sofas and cabinets. But it is necessary to be careful, because often such furniture sold under the guise and, accordingly, the price of wood. To achieve the effect of similarity to a tree, "paper" painting the furniture, lacquered and heavier.
- handmade carpets, which are staggeringvariety of shapes and materials. Here you can find silk, cotton, knotted, carpets, and even solid products with neon threads that glow in the dark.
- Leather products, which are presented in a wide range and artfully decorated with embroidery, fabrics, expensive accessories. This jacket, gloves, luggage, bags and more.
- Clothing. The quality and beauty of clothing is largely determined by its cost. For example, cotton and silk saris and shirts are a minimum of 200 rupees. This acquisition will be more than a year to please you with its quality. A more liberal tourists are advised to come to Goa with little or no luggage - all the necessary clothes you can buy for a penny, and without pity to throw away here at the end of vacation.
- Souvenirs, which include smoking accessories, attributes to religious holidays, carved figurines, jewelry and much more. Do not forget about the famous Indian tea and spices.
- Of course, jewelry with precious stones, which will not leave indifferent any woman.
Number of Photos in Goa
- Souvenirs in Goa