Jerusalem area vary greatly, so planning a trip to the capital of Israel, should learn more about their features.
Names and descriptions of Jerusalem areas
- Pisgat Ze'ev: the main attractions of the area - Grove "Forest of Peace" (a place of acacia growth, eucalyptus, casuarinas and dwelling porcupines, partridge, fox, gazelle, once in the forest, travelers will be able to take a photo of quarries, burial caves, wineries), Archaeological Park (has places excavation of Jewish estates, wine-and-butter Daville), the palace of King Hussein (represents unfinished summer palace).
- Musrara: popular for its College of Arts and held annually Festival of Contemporary Art.
- Russian Compound: tourists are recommended to explore the Holy Trinity Cathedral (it is - a reflection of Byzantine Revival architecture; there are icons of St. Nicholas and the Annunciation).
- Ein Karem: sheltered in its territory of Gorny Convent (12 April then celebrate the "Kissing Marino", on the eve of which the monastery brought the icon of the Annunciation) and the Church of the Visitation (in decorating the walls of the cloister used reliefs with lyrics Magnificat; here you can admire frescoes Vagerini, the plot of which is dedicated to Virgin Mary).
- Givat Ram: interest is National Library (in its Fund has placed 5 million books written in Hebrew and Jewish studies) and the Museum of Israel (he is - the repository of 500,000 exhibits; so, in the Shrine of the Book will be possible to admire the medieval and biblical manuscripts and in the Garden of Art - exhibits sculptural art) .
- Old city: taking with them the card, you can go to the study of important objects of the district - the Temple Mount with Al-Aqsa Mosque (the building consists of 7 galleries) and the Dome of the Rock (for the visit should be put on the clothes and closed the entrance to remove their shoes, in Muslim holidays and pyatnitsu- Saturday's non-Muslims here are not admitted), the Temple of the Holy Sepulchre (here is the place of the crucifixion of Christ, the temple is related ceremony of the Holy fire - it is a symbol of the resurrection of Christ), the Western wall (the excursions on the walls of the tunnel, you can learn its history and look at the part ; if you want you can visit located near the center of the cognitive "The purpose of generations" with the exposition, which tells about the history of the Jewish people), Via Dolorosa street (there are stops of the Cross of Christ).
Where to stay tourists
To the road to the iconic places of the city was notlong and tiring (those who decide to get to them by public transport, should be aware that Saturday and Friday evening - the weekend when no transport runs through the city) the tourists is better to stay in hotels in the Old Town (the safest for placing Armenian, Christian and the Jewish quarter). As a rule, accommodation in the area costs less tourists compared to the placement of funds even in the suburbs - this is due to lack of space, lack of greenery, the presence of small streets in the form of intricate mazes.
And outside the Old City, you can find a good hotel that was awarded 4-5 stars.