Taxis in Rome
Taxis in Rome represented the official taxi cab drivers, private traders (not recommended to use the services of the latter, as the quality and cost of the trip can not be predicted).
Features taxi in Rome
If you wish to order a taxi by phone, for example, using the services of the following companies:
- Assotaxi: + (3906) 6645;
- Taxi 6645: + (3906) 66-45;
- Samarcanda: + (3906) 5551, 552-82-813.
It's worth noting that by calling a taxi, you have to pay for the distance, which overcomes the driver, getting to you, so in order to save costs to call a taxi, located as close as possible to you.
In the street to catch a taxi is not accepted - you can find themon numerous parking (use the services of the official, the white or yellow taxi with the company logo and have a sign on the roof of a burning), for example, the Colosseum, Villa Borghese, Trevi Fountain, the Republic Square ...
Most taxi drivers do not speak English, so it is advisable to carry a business card of the hotel where you are staying.
If suddenly you do not see near the taxi parkingor get lost, you can call a taxi by sending a sms-message (through the gaps in it should reflect the information indicating the name of the city, street and house number) to the number 393 666 730 000.
Once the order is processed, you will receive the password, the name of your order, you want to show the driver pulled up to the challenge.
The cost of a taxi in Rome
Every traveler resting in the capital of Italy, asks: "How much is a taxi in Rome?" You should focus on the following information:
- calling a taxi by phone, you pay 3-3.5 euros;
- Landing + first 3 kilometers you will be asked to pay 7-8 euros;
- charges: each additional km of track is 1 euro surcharge for 5 passenger is 1 euro and 1 luggage space costs 1 euro;
- nightly rates more expensive day by 30%;
- for single women, traveling in a taxi at night, enjoy a 10% discount (do not forget to remind);
- if the movement is difficult due to traffic jams, and a taxi will be moving slower than 20 km / hour, pay the fare will be on the additional tariff (27 euros / hour).
If you are going to travel by taxi within the city, then you should not take more than 70 euros (the maximum amount inclusive of all surcharges, which can take a taxi drivers with passengers).
Please note that if you plan to travel outsidethe city by taxi, in this case will act special rate, exceeding the city almost 2 times (urban rate is reflected on the counter number 1, and a special - figure 2).
Because taxis in Rome - it is quite expensive, in order to save should not use their services, if you need to overcome the short distance.