Areas of Riga
Are you interested in Riga areas? To get them, you can, look at a map of the capital of Latvia - a total of six: some of them are located on the right bank of the Daugava River, and the other - on the left bank.
The names and a description of areas of Riga
- Central District: interest tours, allowing to see the sights as the Duomo (a Museum, which is dedicated to the history of the city, and a concert hall), the Swedish Gate, Riga Castle (its walls are a museum of Latvian History, Literature and Foreign Art) Powder Tower (in the form like a horseshoe, is now a military museum in Riga), house of Blackheads (in the museum relics home and antiques; and in the halls of the house - are exhibitions, receptions and other events), St. Peter's church (now acting master clock with 1 clockwise; You can stand on the viewing platform of the new tower and from there to make a few photos).
- Vidzemes suburb: its neighborhoods are Mezhciems (surrounded by forest, so is ideal for a relaxing break, a motor museum, where visitors will be able to admire the cars, mopeds and motorcycles 19-20 centuries), Teika (interesting theater building of the same name), Jugla (worth a visit in the Latvian Ethnographic Museum, exhibition which will show you the guides dressed in traditional costumes, do some shopping at the mall "Alfa"; visit the Cinamon cinema).
- Latgale suburb: consists mainly of residential districts.
- Northern District: attention of travelers deserve Mezhapark - there is a recreation area, Riga Zoo (habitat of about 3,000 animals - lions, tapirs, red wolves and other; there is a tropical house and pavilion of lemurs, available entertainment in the form of animal feed and horse riding), Lake Kishezers ( to the city center can be reached on a pleasure boat), stage for concerts and performances, children's playgrounds. In summer you can roller skate and bike, and in winter - in managed pistes.
- Zemgale: tourists can set out to explore the estate Bišumuiža, as well as visit the district Zolitude, which is a shopping center Spice.
- Kurzeme District: Imants famous neighborhoods - it is connected with the right bank of the cable-stayed bridge. In addition, from Imanta to Jurmala only 20 minutes away by train.
Where to stay tourists
To accommodate travelers idealHotels located in the center of the city because of its proximity to the major sightseeing sites and shopping. Those who have limited budget, can accommodate close to the central railway station. Pros - you can quickly get to the hotel, a room in which cheaper than their "brothers" in the center and the Old Town (on foot will take 5-10 minutes) well and is in the negative noise and unattractive landscape of the windows.