National Parks of Montenegro
The generous on the natural beauty of Montenegro,tourists expect amazing journey for special areas where the protected ecological balance of plant and animal species. Excursions in Montenegro national parks can decorate any trip to the Balkans.
Officially, the specially protected area in Montenegro appear:
- Lovcen - mountain range in the Dinaric Alps,It serves as home to hundreds of plants. The unique location of the park on the border between sea and mountain climate led to the development of its various biological systems.
- Mount Durmitor, entered in the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The banks and waters of the Lake Shkodra - in the list of wetlands of international importance, and ornithological reserves in this park are nesting place for dozens of species of rare birds.
- Biogradska Gora, with preserved virgin beech forests, some representatives of which reach sorokametrovoy height and girth greater than 140 cm.
On the glacial lakes
Durmitor National Park Montenegro - a favoriteresting place of active travelers. The main tourist infrastructure is located in the town of Zabljak. From the park there is a regular transport links, and the Durmitor are equally visit the winter and summer. Snow cover makes it possible already from early December to feel quite comfortable snowboarders and skiers, and in summer in the park are popular walking tours, mountain climbing and horse riding. The main natural attractions - two dozen glacial lakes.
By the ruler of Montenegro
Author of poems, reformer and statesmanPeter Njegos is buried in the National Park Lovcen and the mausoleum of his - the most visited place there. The reserve is located and the village Njegusi, where I came from, and he, and many members of the royal dynasty.
In addition to historical and architectural monuments are of great interest Lovcen unique mountain scenery, interesting plants and biological systems.
Secular guardians Balkans
Beech Forest Park Biogradska gora to spreadnortheast of the town of Kolasin. Also relict trees, guests may reserve to see the six glacial lakes, on the banks of which the nesting storks and mallards. The fauna of the national park of Montenegro represented by several hundreds of species, and, some of them found only in the Balkan region.
- Montenegrin regional roads are quite decent cover, but quite narrow and winding. Rent cars to visit the park is not dangerous, but should pay attention to the management.
- In the "low" season, remote tourist facilities often do not work, and therefore should be traveling to rely on their own strength.