Shopping in Norway
Traveling to the Norwegian fjords and enjoybeautiful nature, visiting the city, you will come and shops. Norway - a country with a high level of income and the shopping is expensive by definition. But tourists still buy something as a souvenir.
Clothing, jewelry, souvenirs
- The best gifts are considered to be knitted from Norwaythings - sweaters, gloves, socks, long scarves volume. They are sold in souvenir shops of Dale of Norway and Oslo Sweater shop, the cost - about $ 200, if the sweater is cheaper - then he is not Norwegian, and Chinese. You can buy a real Norwegian wool skeins in the store "Nille" and knit a sweater by yourself. Bring slippers, mittens made of the skins of seals, moose and seals - quite exotic, very warm and durable.
- In Norway, a good, but expensive, sportswindproof and waterproof clothing, the highest price for brand Vergans, cheaper, but still good - Stormberg. In any city you will find sports shops where you can pick up what you need. The departments of sports equipment you can buy excellent expensive rods.
- Many believe that Norway should buy watches and jewelry. Girls are like ornaments of silver made according to old drawings of the Viking era.
- For children you can buy soft toys - elk in sweaters, horned helmets and swords, dolls in national costume.
Alcoholic drinks and delicacies
- If you need a Norwegian alcohol, it is possibleto buy heavy beer, liquor cloudberry, low-alcoholic apple cider or aquavit - vodka from potato alcohol, infused with dill, cumin, coriander, anise. Alcohol is only sold at Vinmonopolet stores or duty free.
- Buy necessarily brown cheese "brunost" froma mixture of goat, cow's milk and whey, the taste of it - like a savory caramelized condensed milk. There are special types of cheese Gamalost Pultost, they need to try before you buy, do not take them for bright packaging with the seals, medals - they are very peculiar. Sold all the cheeses in supermarkets. Here you can buy a knife for cutting cheese - blade with a longitudinal slot, a Norwegian invention, or forged knives from a Norwegian steel with a handle made of deer antlers.
- Also in supermarkets buy deli meats, unusual for us - venison, elk, and be sure to take the salmon - it is even customary vacuum packaging is different from what the house sells.
When shopping, keep receipts in excess of CZK 300, and is made tax-free at the airport.