Absolutely safe for tourists, Oman is increasinglyIt becomes the object of attention of Russian travelers. Picturesque landscapes, carefully preserved traditions, interesting historical sites and surprisingly original traditions of Oman - are the main reasons for travel agencies are increasingly booking of tours in the sultanate on the Arabian Peninsula.
a lot of nationalities live in Oman, andalthough its indigenous people - Arabs, blacks can be found here and the Persians, Baluchis and Indians, mulattos and Chinese. Once in this region gathered African slaves received their freedom. They assimilated with the Arab population, with the result that there was a group of must-Aribot, or "mixed Arabs." Their culture has absorbed the African and Arab music, with the result that the Omani traditions are very diverse and unique at the same time.
Silver and tattoos
The main ways to adorn themselves in Omani women -numerous silver bracelets and earrings. Faces and hands of local beauties covered in tattoos of blue, and in the ears and nose rhythmically swaying luxury silver jewelry. Ladies on Omani traditions wear long shirts with sleeves and wide trousers, their heads covered with black scarves and face - mask deaf.
Representatives of the stronger sex prefer turbansred color and the same long cloaks. Beneath them put on striped robes, and the belt is plugged an indispensable attribute of a real man - a short dagger Jambi. This weapon is depicted on the emblem and flag of Oman.
- Caught in Oman, should abide by the rules of conduct common to all Arab countries and Muslim - in particular.
- Do not take pictures of people in the country and especially women without their consent.
- Clothes for walking around the city should be chosen sufficiently closed. The men say short sleeve shirt.
- Alcohol on Omani traditions should be consumed only in the restaurant or in private apartments. By the way, to buy here is not easy.
- Women in Oman occupy a number of leadership positions in the ministries, but melt behavior with them a little different from the traditional, accepted in the Islamic world.
- Having received an invitation for a visit to the house of a local resident, will certainly agree. Oman Traditions and customs of its citizens can get to know it during a private visit.