Zoo in Lisbon
The idea of creating a zoo in Lisbon appeared in1882. The owner of the private zoo Dr. van der Lans and Sauze Martinz, Professor of Medicine and Surgery School, went on a tour of Europe to study the experience of foreign colleagues. The result of their work was opened in 1884. The zoo, which once numbered more than 1,100 animals - generous donations were made by the royal family and wealthy citizens of the city.
Zoological Garden in Lisbon
Around a million visitors come each yearhere to see hundreds of species of animals, many of which are endangered. The name of the zoo in Lisbon - is synonymous with hard work of scientists on conservation of species, because there are often born small gorilla and Siberian tigers, chimps and crocodiles.
One of the most beautiful in the Old World, PortugueseZoo invites visitors to admire hundreds of colorful birds and exotic butterflies and get a hefty dose of positive emotions on the performances of dolphins and sea lions.
Pride and Achievements
In the largest zoo in Portugal deployedunique exposure, allowing to observe the animals in their natural habitat. Pride organizers - one of the world's finest collections of reptiles. Attention visitors deserve "Enchanted Forest" with iguanas and pythons, contact a farm where you can feed the pets and pet pavilion "birds in free flight" and "Rainbow Park".
How to get there?
The entrance is located on the Piazza Umberto Delgado. Reaching here is easiest on the blue metro line Lisbon - stop Zoo.
Bus routes 701, 716, 731, 754, 758 and 770 also pass through the zoo. Stop called Sete-Rios - "Seven Rivers".
Location of the zoo - Praça Marechal Humberto Delgado, 1549-004 Lisboa, Portugal.
The zoo in Lisbon has two seasons and hours of operation vary in each:
- In the period from 21 March to 20 September the park is open from 10.00 to 20.00 (last visitor ticket sold for 45 min. Before closing).
- From September 21 to March 20 the park is open from 10.00 to 18.00, and offices close an hour earlier.
The price of a ticket regardless of the age and the amounts thereof in the group:
- Kids up to 3 years old can visit the park free of charge.
- Children from 3 to 11 years old enjoy the benefits and the ticket for them is worth 13.50 euros.
- Adults up to 64 years will have to pay an entrance fee 19.00 euros.
- Older visitors can buy a ticket for 15.00 euros.
- For the members of the groups consisting of 15 people or more, the entry costs 17.00 euros each.
Confirm the right to benefits can, by presenting identity card with photo.
Services and contacts
If you come to the park on a rental car, you better leave it in the parking lot opposite the main entrance. There is parking for bicycles.
Official Site - www.zoo.pt.
Phone +351 21 723 2900