The population of Romania
Romania has a population of over 21 million people.
- Romanians (89%);
- other nationalities (the Hungarians, Roma, Germans, Russian, Ukrainians, Turks, Tatars, Greeks, Armenians, Croats, Serbs, Bulgarians).
In the 1st quarter.km is home to 90 people, but the most populated areas are areas in the valley of the river Mures, Prahova and Snreta (eg, in the county of Prahova population density - 180 persons per 1 sq km), while the least populated mountainous areas and Dobrogea.
Official language - Romanian, but widespread in Romania received the Hungarian, German and Turkish.
Big cities: Bucharest, Constanta, Timisoara, Brasov, Iasi, Galati, Craiova, Cluj-Napoca, Ploiesti.
Romanian residents profess Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam, Judaism.
Male population on average live to 68, and women - 76 years.
Romania is in last place among the countriesEU by the number of investments earmarked for health (700 euros per year for 1 person), so the quality of medical services in the country is not at a high level, and 3000-4000 inhabitants only 1 doctor (the lowest figure in the EU).
Romania is not carried out activities related to theprevention of different diseases, so most disease begin to heal when they develop into a serious stage. In addition, patients are forced to wait for several months pending hospitalization and treatment lasts much longer than in other European countries, and it is not very effective.
But nevertheless, in Romania it becomes morepopular medical tourism - many people come here for the passage of anti-aging therapy, as well as obtaining dental services and cosmetic surgery.
Traditions and customs of the inhabitants of Romania
Romanians enjoy the holidays, especially they loveparticipate in festivals, fairs and other entertainment events. So, in October in Romania celebrated the Festival of Wine, in February - Winter Festival, and in May - Daffodils Festival and the International Festival of Jazz and Blues.
Going to Romania? Make a note of the following information:
- the country can not take pictures of militarybuildings, bridges and ports, and to qualify for photographing interior decoration of churches, palaces and other cultural attractions, will have to issue a special permit for a fee;
- the country banned smoking in public places;
- Romania can not participate in and take pictures of the demonstration (for it can be arrested);
- before a trip to Romania, it is advisable to be vaccinated against typhoid, encephalitis, rabies.
In memory of Romania should buy plumtincture, blouses, embroidered cross with gold and silver threads, carpets, ceramics, unique Romanian cosmetics and drugs that slow the aging process.