Moscow 1 day
Russian capital, Moscow is located inthe list of cities that are worth seeing, the absolute majority of travelers worldwide. The city is one of the biggest on the planet, and therefore the whole of Moscow for 1 day - the project is absolutely unreal. That's why, being in the city for such a short time, it is best to go to the most important attractions, located in the heart of the Russian capital.
Red from the word "beautiful"
Several stations from any station on the subway, andthe traveler is in the center of Moscow, on the square, which UNESCO considers to be part of the World Cultural Heritage. On her bridge pavement annual parades in honor of significant events, and the area itself is a pedestrian from the middle of the last century.
The main attractions are located on the Red Square:
- Moscow Kremlin, whose constructionIt held at the end of the XV century. Today it is a major political, historical and artistic center of the Russian capital. The Kremlin is the residence of the head of state.
- St Basil's Church. Monument of Russian architecture of the middle of the XVI century.
- Historical Museum, which expositionIt tells about everything that happened on the territory of Russia since ancient times. The museum was founded in the XIX century, and the building was built for him by the decree of Emperor Alexander II in 1875 - 1881 years.
- Kazan Cathedral, rebuilt on the site of the temple of the early XVII century. It was demolished during the Stalin era in the reconstruction of Manezhnaya Square and rebuilt in its original form in the 90-ies of the last century.
- Monument to Minin and Pozharsky installed in 1818and it was made by sculptor Ivan Martos in honor of the People's Militia leaders of the victorious Polish invaders during the Time of Troubles in 1612. Originally, the monument was erected in the heart of the Red Square, but moved to the 30-ies of the last century, to St. Basil's Cathedral on the grounds that he had become a hindrance for demonstrations and parades.
Museums and Exhibitions
If you have time, continue tour"Moscow for 1 day" can be in any of the museums of the capital. The most famous - the Tretyakov Gallery and the Museum of Fine Arts. Pushkin, which contains hundreds of unique paintings by artists of different eras and countries. Besides showcasing permanent collections, Moscow museums often take the world exhibition of masterpieces from the collections of the best art galleries of the world.
Virtual tour of Moscow