Excursions in Veliky Novgorod
Veliky Novgorod attracts tourists with itsantiquity, because before it was a center of trade and crafts, and now turned into a museum-city, known not only in Russia but also the world. Novgorod surprising uniqueness of its attractions, there are more than 50 monuments from the times of Ancient Rus. Excursions in Veliky Novgorod allow to plunge into the old days and learn the history of this great city. Within the walls of Novgorod houses, monasteries and churches kept a lot of secrets and tragic stories.
Dive into the history of the city
The first buildings on the site of the modern cityIt appeared in the middle of the 9th century. Over time, the city has grown and developed into a center of international trade, linking northern Europe and Asia. The mention of Veliky Novgorod found in the "Tale of Bygone Years" 859 years. According to legends, it is in Novgorod pagan god Perun was thrown into the river. Residents were significantly different from the others - instead of bast shoes and broken roads they had leather boots and cobbled streets.
Monuments of Ancient Rus fit perfectly into a modern city. Sightseeing tours in Novgorod has traditionally begin with the sightseeing:
- Novgorod Kremlin, which dates from 1044year and built on the orders of Prince Yaroslav, is the popular name of the stone citadel or Stone Town. In the future, he more than once rebuilt, but the first stone fortress was in the same place where today is located the preserved remains of the citadel.
- Hagia Sophia is a magnificent monument of ancient Russian architecture. It was built by Prince Vladimir became the main cathedral of the Novgorod Republic.
- The museum of wooden architecture in Vitoslavlice recognized as one of the unique museum of wooden architecture in the country. During the year it is visited by over 80 thousand. Tourists.
- Yaroslav's Court - a monument of ancient Rus witha large number of architectural masterpieces of architecture. Yaroslav Yard was located in the busiest part of the famous Novgorod bargaining on all sides was surrounded by rows of shops.
- Trinity Church of the Holy Spirit Monastery has a number of features in the composition, structure and decoration. Among others, it is distinguished by its generously proportioned.
- Znamensky Cathedral on all sides dotted with murals. Patterns and paint are located not only on the inner walls, but also outside - on the gate, the arches of the porch, on the upper ledge, etc.
In Novgorod every season has its particularity, because it is open to visitors all year round. Explore the city with its splendor and majesty is very easy and convenient for excursions.