Istanbul 2 days
In old Istanbul, sprawling on the banksBosporus Strait on the border of Asia and Europe, there are many interesting places. Arriving in Istanbul for 2 days, you can see mosques and temples, to visit the palaces and bazaars, relax in the Turkish baths and enjoy the green parks.
At first sight
For the person who turned in the old town, there is a sample list of sites to see who just need to:
- Süleymaniye Mosque, built by the architect Sinan in the part of the Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent.
- The Blue Mosque - an architectural monument crazy beauty who built the architects who participated in the construction of India's Taj Mahal.
- Cathedral of Hagia Sophia, which was the VI century remains one of the biggest and most amazing structures on the planet.
- Topkapi Palace, where more than four centuries lived dynasty of the sultans, who stood at the head of the Ottoman Empire.
- Dolmabahce Palace with a crystal staircase, bathroom, made of alabaster and vases magnificent two-meter operation.
Palace Palace Cape
Istanbul This area is easy to get around in 2 days: Cape was formed at the confluence of the Sea of Marmara and the Bosphorus, and it is called the Palace. Here is the famous Topkapi Palace, which contains an infinite number of valuable relics. The museums of the palace opened the exhibition of collections of treasures and jewels, and the park operates Istanbul Archaeology Museum, the exhibition is - valuable finds made during excavations on the territory of the Middle East and Asia Minor. One of the architectural highlights of this area believe the Church of St. Irene. It is unique not only construction date - VI of age - but the fact that it has never been converted into a mosque, in contrast to many other temples, which are usually to visit in Istanbul for 2 days.
For lunch and take souvenir shopping on the territory of the Palace Cape are best in the courtyard Jafar Agha, where cozy coffee shops side by side with the artisans.
Word of a magical hamam
Trip to Istanbul can not be considered for 2 daysheld without a visit to the famous Turkish baths. For this ceremony is to leave at least a couple of hours in a busy schedule to experience the pleasure of a warm marble stone and strong hands of the masseur that can relieve the customer from many ills and ailments forever. For total immersion in the oriental flavor it is recommended to go to a regular city hammam, and not specially adapted attraction for tourists in the hotel.
Istanbul - a city on two continents