The only tropical zoo in the United States for the first timeIt opened to the public in 1948. Then he settled down in Crandon Park and had at his disposal a few dozen acres of land. Thirty years later, the animals moved to a new place, and now the Miami Zoo has become one of the largest in the country. The number of its inhabitants for a long time has passed for 3000, and the species represented here will be enough for most zoological encyclopedia.
Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens
The modern name of the Miami Zoo - a symbolrevival. After the devastating 1992 hurricane, many pavilions and their inhabitants seriously suffered, and park a huge material damage. Recovery took several years, and their work can be called colossal - only trees in the park were planted more than seven thousand.
Pride and Achievements
500 animal species are in Miami zoofauna of different countries, climates and continents. Already at the main entrance visitors are greeted by a lake with a waterfall, where live flamingos and pelicans, and various pavilions can comfortably observe the rare animals such as white tigers, Sumatran orangutans and Komodo dragons. For a small fee in the African pavilion visitors feed the giraffes and the kids interact in a mini-zoo with domestic animals.
How to get there?
Location of the zoo - 1, Zoo Boulevard 12400 SW 152Street Miami, FL 33177. For visitors with personal cars on site free parking. Public transport here is also not difficult to reach - from the Dadeland South metro station to the park regularly buses CORAL REEF MAX.
Hours zoo in Miami:
- On weekdays, the park is open from 10.00 to 17.00. Ticket office open until 15.30.
- On weekends and holidays, you can visit the zoo from 09.30 to 17.30. Ticket office open until 16.00.
- A special timetable is provided for Thanksgiving (from 09.30 to 15.30), Christmas (from noon to 17.30) and 1 January (from 9.30 to 17.30).
- Mini-zoo for children is open from 10.00 to 16.00 on weekdays and from 10.00 to 17.00 on weekends and holidays.
The price of tickets:
- Price per adult for visitors aged 13 and older - $ 19.95
- For a child from 3 to 12 years - $ 15.95.
- Kids up to two years can visit the park free of charge.
- Guests, whose age exceeds 65 years, will pay an entrance fee of 25% less than in the presence of a document confirming the age of the photo.
To the price must be added the local tax is 7%. Groups of 10 people or more are entitled to a discount of 10% to 25%.
Services and contacts
The Miami Zoo regularly hosts manythematic entertainment for children and their parents. Where you can celebrate a birthday or just to have a family picnic in the fresh air.
All the details easy to update on the official website of the park - www.zoomiami.org or by phone 305 251 0400.