Beaches in New York
New Yorkers often escape from the citythe bustle of the busy city, looking for salvation on the beach. The pleasant sound of waves and rustling of sand briefly distracted from everyday problems. Visiting the rest combine a visit to the cultural capital with a quick rest at a local beach, then were very pleased. So, what can please the beaches of New York and why you should opt for a holiday is it?
Features of the beaches of New York
Well, you can relax both directlythe beaches of New York City and its surroundings. It is noteworthy that absolutely all the beaches are open for free access to, and stay there, you can simply endless. However, visitors can swim beach is only in a strictly allotted time - from 10 to 18 hours, when there are lifeguards on the beach. The beginning of the beach season is considered to Memorial Day (the last weekend in May) and the end - Labor Day (first Sunday in September).
List of the most popular beaches
The best sandy beaches of New York comfortably settled in some of the best beaches in the world rankings. These beaches are the best known and popular among residents and visitors from other countries:
- Rockaway Beach, Queens - one of the most famous beaches in the area of New York, where it is possible to surf;
- Coney Island, Brooklyn - not only a good and verybeautiful beach, but also a great place for sightseeing; children and lovers of thrills can ride the rides, which is a decent amount, but if you are very lucky, visitors can see and the annual Mermaid Parade;
- Orchard Beach, Bronx - beach, whose territoryIt stretches almost two kilometers of the coast; Children are wonderful playgrounds built, and the adherents of active recreation can play beach volleyball, basketball and handball; Beach has a cozy, very nice promenade, where often young couples stroll;
- Jacob Riis Park, Queens - the beach, known as oneof the cleanest in the area of New York; sunbathe topless lovers here can do it without a twinge of conscience, and no one will make them remark; there are showers and a few shops with souvenirs and snacks;
- Great Kills Park, Staten Island - the beach,consisting of four parts, each of which is somehow different from the others; for those who does not like too crowded places with a minimum of amenities and pleasures of civilization.
Popularity - a sign of high quality
In the state of New York has more than 80 beaches,so the number of tourists is increasing every year. Local fans are not too demanding in sunbathing, so the absence of a large number of facilities are few embarrassing. Despite this, the beaches are regularly cleaned, beach equipment is constantly updated, and rescuers vigilantly monitor the safety of tourists.