Interested districts of Boston? Check out the map of the state capital of Massachusetts and its major characteristics of regions.
The names and a description of the Boston area
- Chinatown: Here travelers will find Chinese and Vietnamese restaurants and markets.
- Charlestown tour here will be able to take a picture on the background of houses made of red brick.
- Beacon Hill: it is recommended to walk through the streets, which are illuminated by gas lamps, as well as explore the old Government House (the building is decorated with the imperial heraldic animals as the lion and the unicorn, then it should be to look into a small museum).
- Financial District: tourists will be interesting to visit the New England Aquarium aquarium - there will appear to them the penguins, turtles, colorful jellyfish, inhabitants of coral reefs of warm seas. If desired, they will be able to pick up a live crab or stroke stingrays swimming by. As for children, they are in an aquarium to attract interesting occupations in which they tell, for example, how it is to count the fish living in the sea.
- Back Bay: the area of interest of the Boston Public Library (here kept more than 15 million books, 250 newspapers, 650,000 photos, if necessary, you can visit the restaurant, open at the library) and the temple of the Holy Trinity (recommended to admire the frescoes of the artist John La Farge).
- North End: interesting house-museum of Paul Revere (here you can see the pieces of furniture belonging to the family of Revere) and the Church of Old North Church (its height with a spire - more than 50 m; construction - a reflection of Georgian style), as well as passing in the summer months in the area festivals (they are held in honor of the patron saints of the different regions of Italy).
Tour of Boston involves inspectionMassachusetts State House (be able to admire the paintings are the work of Edward brodni), Holy Cross Cathedral (built - a reflection of pseudo-Gothic style, the cathedral is open high school) and the Church Park Street (famous for tall and graceful spire), a visit to Boston Common Park (a place sporting events and concerts, walking in the park, tourists will see interesting monuments, Brewer fountain, Froggy park, which in the winter turns into an ice rink), Museum of Fine Arts (visitors will see 450,000 works of art pertaining to the collections "Ancient East", "American Paintings expressionists, "" Japanese pottery "and others) and the Museum of science (visitors show 500 interactive exhibits, and great attention is given to the animal world, and offer them to visit the IMAX-cinema and planetarium).
Where to stay tourists
Interested in expensive Boston area? Pay attention to Beacon Hill - in addition to high-end hotels are found "refuge" antique shops and expensive restaurants. Pretty cheap accommodation facilities can be found in a residential area of Mission Hill (here live many students). Not a bad place to stay - the area Back Bay: here you can walk, visiting the trendy boutiques and admiring the houses in the Victorian style, built of brown sandstone.