You want to begin to know South America? It may be necessary to go to Columbia? Knowledge of any national peculiarities of Colombia can be helpful to tourists?
- Colombia is located in the northwestern part ofSouth America. The state is one of the largest in the world (26th place in the overall ranking). On the territory of living population speaks Spanish and has the second largest population. The boundaries are with Venezuela, Brazil, Panama, Peru, and Ecuador. It is important to note that in Colombia are located highlands, savannahs, tropical forests. The proximity to the equator causes no change of season, so the weather can be sunny throughout the whole year, but in the mountain areas are snowfalls. Bogota is the capital of Colombia, is one of the highest cities in the world.
- In Colombia produces 12% of the world's coffee. At the same time local coffee differs pleasant taste.
- The history of the country has led to a diverse compositionColumbia residents. Currently, the country is a multicultural society in which intertwined features of European, African, Indian, Middle Eastern cultures.
- Colombia's national flag there from November 26,1861. It comprises three colors, namely, yellow, blue, red. Three horizontal stripes have a special meaning. The yellow color is a symbol of the Federation of Gran Colombia, blue - independence from Spain, red - courage.
- Tourism is actively developing with the 40-iescentury. Tourists are attracted by the many attractions located in Bogota, Cali, Medellin, San Andres. Deserve attention Festival Vallenato Lefend, Flower Festival.
Features Colombian cooking
Ethnic cuisine is original anddelicious. Colombians offer fried bananas, sweet pumpkin, unusual seafood, fish with the addition of coconut milk. Colombian cuisine is also famous for spicy sauces, allows you to open new facets of tastes of different dishes.
On the streets of many cities can buy deliciouskebabs "pintxos" of pork with paprika. The culinary traditions of the region depend on Colombia: Amazon plains "llanos", Tolima, Cali and Valle de Cauca, Santander, the Andes, the Pacific and Caribbean coast.
Make sure that the local culture and cuisine worthy of your attention!