Shopping in Shanghai
Shanghai - it is not just an industrial center,which concentrated the most famous Chinese manufacturers, but also a trendsetter throughout the country. It is often called the "Paris of the East" and a paradise for shopping. Therefore, shops here are as much an integral part of the process of acquaintance with the city, as well as visits to local attractions. Today, Shanghai - is a huge metropolis which can offer almost everything for both novice and the most experienced and sophisticated shop-tourists.
Many tourists are interested in the question, that theinteresting things you can buy in Shanghai? In Shanghai, there is everything. But in order not to get lost in such a variety - should prepare a short list of the most popular items:
- Chinese tea. Traditional purchase for all guests of this beautiful city was the Chinese tea. This is one of the best gifts that are imported from China. For gourmets and lovers of green tea in Shanghai has a special tea market "Tien-Shan", where you can smell, feel and even taste any favorite tea. In addition, the market everyone can buy interesting teapots, mugs and original mini-thermos, of which there are many.
- Antiques. Healers of the antiques, have been in Shanghai, will be able to make a great purchase, as this city has always been distinguished for its antique shops, where you can find various souvenirs of Chinese porcelain.
- Clothing and footwear. Shanghai - a true paradise for all fashionistas and fashionistas. Shopping centers of the city are filled with clothes and shoes of famous fashion houses. For example, in the boutiques on the streets of Changle and Myaomin built entire rows of shops that sell clothes in traditional Chinese style. Many such shops have their own workshops, where you can adjust your newly purchased clothing size. On the streets of Shaanxi and Huatsao there are many small shops with inexpensive, but quality shoes.
- Chinese silk. Shanghai - a city that is a major producer of silk. Here you can find beautiful silk products at very reasonable prices. Foreigners who visit Shanghai, do not miss the opportunity to buy himself and his family silk clothing (national dress, silk robes, stoles, scarves) and tissue, as well as various souvenirs made of silk.
- Jewelry. A variety of sizes and shapes of jewelry can lead to confusion. Here everyone will find something to their liking. When choosing jewelry should take into account the peculiarities of the Chinese market, because the possibility of being cheated here is quite large, so it is best not to buy expensive jewelry in the markets and small private shops.
The main shopping street is the streetNanjing Road, Huaihai Road, Sichuan North and Central Tibet. As for the shopping centers of Shanghai, among them worth mentioning Shanghai Fashion Store, Shanghai New World, Raffles City Shanghai, as well as a large shopping and entertainment complex called the Super Brand Mall.