Shops and markets Dushanbe
Dushanbe, like many eastern cities,It developed as a village market. In the early years of its formation, the market worked only on Mondays. Over time, small market became more noisy, grew and was not content with just the beginning of the week for their work. But the evidence of origin of the capital of Tajikistan days forever reflected in the name of the capital: "Dushanbe" is translated - "Monday".
Currently, Dushanbe trade centerdifficult to call, or rather quite impossible - said the years of Soviet power and the collapse of the Soviet Union. But even in such circumstances, you can enjoy the shopping, remember its Soviet past and introduce a clear example of the former non-intrusive service of the younger generation.
- Department Store - is the former name of the store, now itIt sounds like "Furushgohi Markazi". Department has experienced a lot in his half-century history. Once he was an exhibition and sale of the achievements of the Soviet economy with the most beautiful girls in Tajikistan, saleswomen. Then he witnessed the dramatic popular uprisings 90s, because located on the main street of the city - Rudaki Avenue. Now retail space lease authorized dealers of manufacturers of household appliances and electronics: Philips, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, Bosch, Siemens, Indesit, Ariston, LG, Whirlpool, Scarlett, Tefal, Moulinex, Rowenta.
- Rudaki Avenue has a small shop -"Academy of Tourism." He is the only one of its kind in the country. Assortment modest. He sells tents, backpacks, kerosene stoves and gas bottles to them. Prices are very high. Conquerors of the natural elements and fans to spend the night around the campfire in more and more countries prefer to bring equipment with them. But gas cylinders for stoves in the aircraft can not carry, which is used by shop owners, wringing them for a huge price.
- In search of souvenirs is recommended to look into the store "Silk Road" in the street Shotemur. The store offers a decent selection of beautiful silk scarves, colorful national coats, carpets, embroidery.
- "Bactria" - Dushanbe cultural center whereartists and craftsmen crafts organize exhibitions of their works. In the center there is a store called "Tilya teppa", where you can buy Tajik art. Also here are sold blankets and warm clothing made of wool Pamir yaks, books and CDs with national bias. Located on the street Ak. Radjabov.
- "Bozori Shohmansur" or Green Bazaar -exotic oriental bazaar with fresh herbs, meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, skullcaps and other national costumes, musical instruments. What is even the local "grass" can only be purchased there, it is called "nose" or "us". They trade it is legal, it is something akin to the tobacco.