Everyone prefers their own format of travel to the Crimea. I have enough a couple of days on the beach, and then I want to move and new experiences. Agree, to visit the Crimean cities and on different beaches, to see a whole list of attractions, without a car is quite difficult, no rest will work. In general, the car gives a tremendous freedom of movement, no taxi and public transport will replace it.
Yes, there is an option to go to the Crimea in his car. However, this is far from a comfortable way: you will have to drive a car from your hometown, which will take 1-2 days from a vacation, you will have to queue up at the Kerch ferry because there is no bridge yet (more about options how to get to Crimea). Renting a car on the spot greatly simplifies everything, but it costs quite adequate money.
The content of the article
- 1 Why you need to rent a car in the Crimea
- 2 Rent a car in the Crimea online and on site
- 3 How to use the service
- 4 Features of rent in Crimea
- 5 Autotravel in Crimea - the nuances
Why you need to rent a car in the Crimea
To avoid ferry queues anda long way to this crossing, you can use the services of car rental on the spot, that is, in the Crimea. I initially considered just such an option, instead of going from Moscow and spending two days on the road in each direction. Not to mention the fact that the long road is exhausting and after it you have to rest for another day. Therefore, this post appeared, setting out the squeeze of their research and experience.
Rent can be found in any resort town, as well as in the city of Simferopol, where the arrival is carried out. That is, you can fly to the airport (how to fly to Crimea) and immediately rent a car. By the way, speaking, here you also save on a taxi, you can go to the hotel already on a rented car. Thus, in the morning I leave the house in Moscow, and in the evening I am driving a rented car across the Crimea. And not tired at all! Needless to say, asked that the car drove to the airport.
Having reviewed the Crimea services market in this niche, II realized that Crimea is quite a developed region, where the rental business is sufficiently developed and renting a car is not a problem. And most importantly, that recently, the car can be booked through the Internet! But I will tell about it below.
Rent a car in the Crimea online and on site
1. Local firms
There are small firms and large ones. The main advantage of small - low price for the service. They do not have elite cars, and indeed the choice of cars is small, but you will pay around 1,500 rubles per day or less, leaving a deposit of about 10,000 rubles. In addition to the price, there may also be such nuances: the client takes the car and delivers it; technical condition of the car at best at C grade. You can find such companies on free ad sites or in thematic groups on social networks - many of them do not have their own sites (small business for a couple of cars).
For rent a car in a larger companyhave to pay already from 1800-2000 rubles per day rental. Nevertheless, this price is quite comparable with car rental in other cities of Russia, only the brands differ. In Crimea, the simplest models that are being rented are Daewoo Lanos, Daewoo Forza, Renault Logan and stuff like that. And for some Ford Focus or Chevrolet Aveo can already ask for 2500-3500 rubles.
Larger companies can be expectedservices provided. For example, they can deliver a car to a specific place (somewhere for free, somewhere for an extra charge) and pick it up where you say it. If a breakdown occurs on the way, the service specialist can go straight to the site (and if this is indicated in the contract, it is free). The age of cars often does not exceed 5-10 years, and there will be more choice than small ones - limousines, convertibles, foreign-class cars, and off-road cars. Also, it will be easier for large distributors to find reviews, which is quite logical - the more famous the company, the more reviews about the rental. But, as you understand, reviews can be paid and not correspond to reality.
You can rent a car, or directly ona place already being in Crimea, or in advance by means of the Internet, mail or phone. Many companies have a website, write / call them, learn the conditions and agree. However, in order to book a car, you will be asked to prepay, which can be dangerous, because you see this company for the first time and are guided only by reviews on the network. Moreover, there is such a practice, when the prepayment is made not in the form of online booking on the site of the distributor (you can then challenge this payment in your bank, if that), but in the form of a transfer to a bank card. Somehow it’s dumb to throw money on a card, the number of which was dictated by phone, where are the guarantees that they will remember you on the spot? But okay, these are already nuances, and if you pay on the spot, then there will be no questions at all, you just need to pay the entire rental period and a deposit in the area of 10,000–20000 rubles (returned after the car is returned).
2. International distributors
Since I have already taken the car many times in Europe andThailand has become accustomed to international network distributors, whose offices are in many countries and their names are widely known, for example, Hertz. And also got used to booking a car with a bank card and without any rewriting there by email, calls and sending an application. That is, I found the right car and immediately booked (or paid for) online.
Unfortunately, with network distributors in Crimeadull. Sanctions. I deliberately went through the main offices and found out that. In the Crimea, there is only pseudo-Hertz and all. He works there not by himself, but through his Russian partners, because it is impossible otherwise. There are no other distributors like Avis, Sixt, Budget, etc. I almost forgot, there is Ukrainian BLS, but still this is not a global distributor, but Ukrainian, and the prices there are not very good (from 2,800 rubles for Lanos and 24,000 rubles for a deposit).
Prices in pseudo-hertz are also far from normal andstart from 3000-4000 rubles / day for unpretentious cars. Moreover, there is no booking either, there is only a preliminary order and everything is somehow dull, I corresponded with them.
3. MyRentaCar service
And now the third way, almost life hacking, how canbook a car in the Crimea. Finally, a search engine for local distributors came to the Crimea - MyRentaCar, which has proven itself well for a long time in other cities. I know them well in Montenegro and Sochi and used them there and was pleased. This service does not initially cooperate with international distributors, but in this all the salt is lower in local prices. Yes, and no international in the Crimea, so all the same, only local will have to shoot.
What it is?
This service is essentially a search engine forlocal rentals (like Aviaseels for ticketing agencies) so that you don’t go through their sites one by one Imagine how much time you need to spend to view a dozen rental sites and read their conditions. I tried it first, when I didn’t know what MyRentaCar is, I hesitated simply. All the same, take the car from one of the local rentals, and this service will greatly facilitate the task of selection.
MyRentaCar takes no commission from ususers and displays exactly the same prices as the sites of distributors. This is already the distributors pay this service to get to them, though they do not take everyone, but more on that below. And if suddenly the prices are different, then you can complain.
- Securely book your car in advance. No transfers to individuals, only online booking on the MyRentaCar website. With your bank card will only be charged a prepayment of 15%, the remaining amount you pay to the distributor on the spot.
- Proven distributors. MyRentaCar service cooperates only with reputable rental offices. That is, booking through the service, you can be sure that you will not be thrown, neither before the rent, nor in time.
- Save time and money. The site presents cars from dozens of rental companies of all categories (Compact, Middle class, Luxury, SUVs). You can compare prices and conditions (restrictions on mileage, deposit, insurance, child seat, etc.), and choose what suits best. You do not need to spend time and explore the sites of distributors, here everything is already put together.
- Reservation of a specific car. Service issues only those machines that are in stock. Usually, when we book with a distributor, we book as if the “class of car”, and we will know what it will be specifically by fact. Here, the year of manufacture, model, equipment and so on are immediately known.
- Support. At any time you can contact technical support, which will help in solving all issues. Believe me, this is a very useful option when traveling.
- The main disadvantage is that the service includes cars from a dozen rentals, and there are 2 times more of them. Here, of course, is the question of the reliability of those who are not represented, but still the choice is already.
- For me personally, minus that you can pay only15%, and the remaining money (often in cash) will need to be given to the distributor. I'd rather pay it all right away. But I usually book a week before the trip (this is not advice, so do not need to), so those who are the right travelers and do everything in advance, they, on the contrary, it is better to pay on the spot just before you get into the car.
- Inability to bargain. When you take the car, just coming from the street, you can try to knock out some conditions for yourself. But if this is the ability to do this, I now do not know how and do not like to bargain.
How to use the service
one. Go to the site MyRentaCar and set the search criteria for: the city, the numbers you need, the gearbox. If the criteria are few, then you can use the "Advanced Search". Then such filters will become available: price, insurance, drive, expense and so on.
You can return the car in another place, notwhere they took. Sometimes it is very convenient. To do this, when searching for a car, you need to select in the green form not only the city of receipt, but also the city of return. Sometimes an extra commission is taken for it, it will be listed in each car.
2 After selecting all the necessary criteria, you will see all the search results. They come in units of class cars: Compact, Middle Class, Luxury and SUVs. The price is indicated for each specific machine, and all results are sorted in each block in ascending price.
If there are few results in the block, then click at the bottom of the "Load more" block.
3 Hovering the mouse on the selected machine we will see brief information: the size of the deposit, the availability of insurance, engine displacement, shipping cost. If you click on "Details", then there will generally be all the information about the car and its rental conditions.
4. Suppose we take a Hyundai Solaris on the machine, a typical middling car, not the cheapest car, but inexpensive. And so, of course, it all depends on your requests, you can take Lanos, and you can Pajero.
Hyundai Solaris is located in the “Middle Class” block. Its cost depends on the number of days (I need for 6 days - 2300 rubles / day). Year of release - 2015, the size of the deposit - 15000 rubles, insurance - immediately OSAGO and CASCO, mileage limits - no. Really good option!
Here you can look photos of the car. And below in the block "Characteristics of the car" you can find out even more detailed info: air conditioning, consumption of 6.5 liters, in the radio tape recorder there is a USB and it reads MP3. Damn convenient, you immediately know what to prepare for, for example, to throw music on a flash drive. Even lower in the block "Additional equipment" you can add to the order of the second driver, a child seat, a navigator and so on.
five. After booking (payment of 15% of the price) you will receive a voucher with your order details via email. That is, the process looks much the same as when you buy e-tickets or book a hotel room. Then, when you receive the car, you will need to show this voucher to the manager who will be waiting for you with a nameplate at the airport of Simferopol (well, or bring the car to your hotel). Deposit and the remaining amount you will need to pay upon receipt of the machine.
Remember, you can change your booking details without penalty (you can change the car, for example) no later than 7 days before the trip.
Features of rent in Crimea
When to book
If you go in the offseason, you can safelytake the car a week before the trip. But during the season it is better to book at least a month, especially if we are talking about the peak of the season (July-August). That is, the car will be just more expensive. In general, one must understand that prices in a season are in principle higher than in the fall or spring.
For renting you need only two documents: passport (you can passport) and the usual driver's license (international are not needed). Of the papers in place, the contract and the damage pattern of the paintwork on the car are filled.
Age and experience
The minimum age of a driver is 22 years, the minimum driving experience is 2 years. There is no maximum age limit. Conditions are the same for all cars.
Insurance, deductible and deposit
The type of insurance is always indicated on the website in the description of a particular car. A total of 3 insurance options may be offered:
- OSAGO. There is always and is already included in the rental price. In the event of an accident is not your fault, everything is paid by the insurance culprit. In case you are guilty, then all costs are borne by you.
- CASCO with a franchise. If this option is available, then it is either already included in the price, or it can be bought for additional money (300-700 rubles / day). Franchise - is the limit of your responsibility, for example, 15 thousand rubles. If an accident happens, then all losses up to 15 thousand rubles are covered by the franchise, then everything is covered by insurance. That is, you can not get on the money more than the franchise. The deductible is equal to the deposit (pledge) for the car that you leave at the time of signing the contract. Full CASCO without a franchise in the Crimea practically does not occur.
- Insurance against theft. Offered by distributors rarely and sometimes included in hull insurance. I must say that, according to statistics, the hijackings of rented cars have not yet happened, so I would not pay for this insurance separately.
While receiving the car you are also in mostcases leave a deposit (deposit) of 10-20 thousand rubles, which you return when you give the car back. This can be cash or a frozen amount on a bank card. In the latter case, the amount can be returned up to 30 days (I usually have 5-10 days). You can book a “No Deposit” car by ticking the appropriate tick at the time of the order, but the distributors do not always provide this opportunity and take about 250-350 rubles / day.
Obviously, CASCO is better and safer than CTP. On the other hand, I am only doing my first couple of years on my car in Moscow hull insurance. Therefore, it makes sense to do what you do at home, I do not think that it is in Crimea that the risk of getting into an accident increases. But, if you are a beginner and are not quite confident at the wheel of someone else’s car driving on unfamiliar roads, then, of course, it makes sense to take a CASCO.
Please note that insurance does not cover damage to the tires, the passenger compartment and the windshield.
In Crimea, sometimes set run limiton the car, about 250 km / day. Mileage is calculated in total for the entire rental period. At the time of your receipt of the car, the manager records the current mileage, and when you rent a car, they look at the mileage and consider the amount. Sometimes the mileage limit can be removed by ticking the “Remove restriction” at the time of the order (about 250 rubles / day), but it is easier to book a similar car without such a restriction.
In general, the run is done against those for a coupledays rolls a few thousand kilometers. One arrives by plane in Sochi, takes a car there for 2 days, goes for his family, for example, to Kazan, brings a family with all the suitcases to Sochi and gives up the car. Type of life hacking, how to save on airfare.
On average, the usual auto-travelerit travels 50–150 km per day, so the restrictions of 250 km / day do not matter. Think for yourself, Crimea is small, and most distributors prohibit traveling outside the peninsula, so you have to try hard to drive 1,750 km in a week (7 * 250 = 1750), the whole point of the rest is lost.
Payment by card and cash
Since 2016, almost all Russian have been working in CrimeaMasterCard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron and MIR bank cards. Therefore, now there are no problems that were observed before. No problem, you can pay for petrol on the card or withdraw cash from an ATM.
If we talk about car rental, thenYou can book a car on the site MyRentaCar by any card, debit or credit. But on arrival, when you make the remaining amount and deposit options may be different: a card or cash, depending on the specific rental. It is best to clarify, either in technical support MyRentaCar, or from the rental manager who will contact you a couple of days before your arrival.
Reception and return cars
You will be greeted with a sign at the airportSimferopol, so go look around the airport is not necessary. The whole procedure of receiving the car takes about 10 minutes. You need to sign a lease agreement with the rental manager, indicate the current mileage, fuel level and note any damage on the inspection sheet (this is the scheme).
During the inspection of the car do not rush, completelygo around the whole car and carefully inspect / touch everything. Be sure to pay attention to the interior, windshield and tires that are not paid for any insurance. During the inspection, I would recommend that you take a picture of everything, and it is better to shoot everything on video. If suddenly you do not notice something and do not mark it on the inspection sheet, the video will have to be very useful.
As a rule, the car comes with atank, and also need to return with a full tank. In case you return a car with a partially filled tank, then you will be charged for the cost of gasoline. You get the car in its pure form, you need to return plus or minus as well, otherwise they will take about 500 rubles for the sink. And if the salon zagadite, then still consider dry cleaning.
Autotravel in Crimea - the nuances
- Roads are being repaired, but not very actively. The main tracks are quite normal, with the rest of the roads, as lucky. In cities, central streets can be normal, and some gateways are broken into trash. In general, in Sevastopol, Yalta, Alushta, Simferopol, everything is in order. Regarding the movement - the locals drive quite famously, overtaking on sharp mountain corners.
- The cost of gasoline ruble is 3 higher than in Moscow. In 2017, the 92nd cost an average of 39.30, the 95th - 43.30 rubles. As I wrote above, you can pay for gas and cash, and a card. Gas stations abound on the southern coast of the Crimea, in the main cities, and somewhere far away from the resorts to go, there are less. But the distances in the Crimea are small,
will not shake.
- Many parking in the Crimea paid, cost about20-100 rubles per hour. There are also free or where you pay a fixed amount for several hours at once. Most often, bribes are charged by valet parking, rather than automatic machines. Parking at the airport of Simferopol for 15 minutes is free, then 200 rubles / hour or 1200 rubles / day
- There is no need to take the navigator fromrolling office, as all now smartphones. Set yourself Yandex.Navigator and drive yourself calmly. In conjunction with a local SIM card, you will also receive information about traffic jams. By the way, maps can be downloaded in advance (or at the hotel via Wifi), so as not to waste mobile traffic. I would also recommend two good applications with offline maps (you need to download in advance): Maps.Me and OsmAnd. In both maps there are all sorts of different trails (useful when visiting sights), and there is a navigator mode, both cars and on foot.
- For mobile internet you can uselocal operator "Wave Mobile". Take the cheapest tariff without a monthly fee and the option "Internet 2 GB for 90 rubles." For the navigator, mail, instagram and social networks is enough. It is possible and other operators, the main thing that Sims were local. And then, for example, my Simka of Moscow Megaphone in Crimea is almost in international roaming with the appropriate tariffs. In Crimea, 3G coverage is almost everywhere and 4G is already found.
- Book hotels is most convenient through Booking.com, it works great on the territory of Crimea. See rating, read reviews and book. But Airbnb does not work in the Crimea, only if via VPN. But there are still very few ads in it and on the map they are indicated somewhere in Sochi, terribly inconvenient.
P.S. I already have a personal experience using the Renatcar service. It is only necessary to gather strength and write about this one more post.
P.P.S. I would be glad to your additions and advice regarding car rental in the Crimea, and in general autotravel on the peninsula. I will try to update and supplement the post.