Several times already did a one-time Thai visain Moscow, sharing experience. Many people write about how difficult it is, and it is better to do it in a country neighboring Thailand. But this is not entirely true, I have experience getting in Laos and in Malaysia. The devil is not so terrible as it is described on the Internet. Getting a visa in Russia is at least cheaper than if you do it in another country. Therefore, my personal conclusion is: if a traveler lives in Moscow / St. Petersburg, has the ability to make all the documents, then a Thai visa must be made in Russia.
The content of the article
- 1 Registration of a single entry visa in Moscow
- 2 How I applied for a visa (personal experience)
- 3 To do a visa in Moscow or in Laos / Malaysia
Registration of a single entry visa in Moscow
I have a separate post about Registration of the visa in St. Petersburg. All the nuances concerning Peter are in that post, but they are not in this post. All questions, too, write there.
Apply for a visa in Moscow canabsolutely any person and from any city, personal presence or power of attorney is not needed. Anyone can receive too, the main thing is to show the receipt obtained when submitting the documents.
You have decided to issue a tourist visa. First of all, read my main post about visas to Thailand. In it, you will learn what types of visas exist,what is the validity term of a visa, what is a corridor for entry, why is a vizaran needed, how much should one pay for overstey. Already at this stage, some of your questions will disappear.
Single entry visa is given for 60 days with the right to extend another 30 days on the spot (how to extend). Total 90 days. there is multivisa, allowing a total of 180 days to live, and such a visa can also be obtained in Moscow, but it is much more complicated and it is not entirely convenient.
Alternatively, you can enter the usual stampfor 30 days, and then go to Laos for a visa. This is a working scheme, but more expensive and time consuming. Only relevant for those who live far from Moscow and St. Petersburg. Separately, I wrote about visa application in Laos.
There is another way to live in Tae for 4 months.on a single-entry visa, but I have not verified it. A visa is being made in Moscow, but you need to enter Tai on a 30-day stamp, that is, do not fill out the visa number on the departure card and ask the border guards to stamp it. And then go to the borderland in a month to activate the visa.
Consular fee, term of registration
Consular fee - a one-time visa of $ 40,multivisa $ 200. Accept ONLY in dollars and cash. Torn, crumpled bills, even slightly worn bills will not accept. Notes must be no older than 2009. They say they started giving back, but I would rather bring it without surrender.
Registration term - 3 working days, including daysfiling and issuing. But they can last even longer if there is something wrong with the documents. Just in case, keep this in mind and make a visa in advance. The entry corridor opens on the day you apply for a visa.
How to fill out a migration card. They will give it to you on the plane, regardless of whether you have a visa or you are going to enter a stamp. Just in case, save yourself pictures on your phone.
Consulate opening hours
Electronic queue - On January 2019 servedocuments can be in a live queue if you have a departure in a week. All the rest are by electronic record, which is quite difficult to get, as time flies quickly, almost a month in advance. The alternative is a visa center for extra money.
Read about while the Thai consulate in Moscow. In the same place in a post the location map, a map and a photo of the embassy for better recognition.
List of documents for visa in Moscow
ALL submitted documents must be in ENGLISH / Thai languages, or their notarized translation must be made. That is, a notarized copy in Russian + a notarized translation.
- If the electronic record on the site works and you go on it, the printed confirmation of your record. Record goes on a specific day / time, for each passport - one entry.
- Passport with a validity of not less than 6months at the time of application + photocopy of the main page. If you are not a citizen of Russia, then you need to show documents for your right to stay in Russia: a visa, residence permit.
- A completed application form for a visa. It can be filled on the site where the electronic queue is made, or you can skip this step, and fill in the questionnaire in a regular pdf file. The fact is that the site may fail, and it does not save the draft. Here you have the questionnaire template as a file, it is from the site of the site Application for a visa is filled in English.
- 1 photo is strictly 4x6, if submitted through the visa center, through the consulate is not so important. The photo will need to stick on the questionnaire.
- Original bank statement of account balance withwet stamp (not facsimile, as Tinkoff sends by default), the currency of the certificate is not important. Everywhere it is written that the bill should be $ 700 per person or $ 1,500 per family, but in fact you need 50-60 thousand rubles per person minimum !. The statement is valid for a month. Ask for a statement in the bank immediately in English, so as not to translate. Passport details in the statement are optional.
- Certificate of employment or docks on the PI(translated into English) seems to be optional. But I would do if there is such an opportunity, then you will be less fooled. But if there is no information, then in the column “Occupation” you need to write “freelancer” or “programmer”, they do not like non-working people. Workers write a post. Students or retirees can show retirement and student. Translation into English pension / student is better to do, but when with this.
- Sponsor letter from the sponsor in English(download). The sponsorship letter is written by hand or on a computer, only the signature must be put by hand. It is written for those who do not have their personal bank statements. The original statement of the sponsor’s account and a copy of his passport are attached to this letter (you indicate the number of the foreign country in the sponsorship letter). Be sure to specify the degree of kinship in the letter. If the sponsor is traveling with you, then he puts the original statement in his package of documents, and you put a copy of the statement in your account. As an option, you can immediately take several originals of the statement in the bank, for each server. Marriage certificate is not necessary.
- Paid flights to Thailand and back toRussia or a third country (again it is possible), entirely in English (without Russian). Try to print such ones by switching to English on the airline's website. I advise you to buy Aviasales.ru and Skyscanner.ru, I use it myself. A return ticket must be no more than 90 days after arrival. But! You can provide a return ticket and more than 90 days, but then you need to provide more tickets for the intermediate exit / entry from Thailand. If you are flying a charter, and they usually issue electronic tickets a couple of days before departure, you will have to ask the travel agency for a payment receipt, since the ticket voucher will not be paid. If you do not want to buy a return ticket, you can buy a return ticket at a refund rate (for example, Economy FLEX from Aeroflot) in order to return it immediately after making a visa. They will not be able to punch tickets from AirAsia and other low-cost airlines, so immediately make a printout from the bank with this operation, as a confirmation that you really bought this ticket. E-tickets may not have your passport data - this is normal.
- Consular fee of $ 40 for each visa. Only bills from 2009 and younger, only new ones, even crumpled ones will not be taken.
- Confirmation of residence. This can be a cancelable hotel reservation from Booking (you will have to make several of them, since you cannot do them for more than 30 days). You can show a rental agreement for a house, but then you also need a copy of a channot (property statement), which not every owner wants to give.
Bucks better to buy in advance, but in extreme casesthere is Sberbank, which is 5 minutes from the embassy (Garden Ring pass). You can also go to the 1st Koptelsky lane (next after Bolshaya Spasskaya street in the direction of the metro), there is Bystrobank, you can withdraw money from an ATM and exchange them at the bank cash office for dollars. Only you can not make it, and buy the bucks, and apply for a visa.
Documents for a child on a Thai visa
This section is for those who decide to apply for a visa.baby I supplement the post, and then ask in the comments. In fact, a child has the same set of documents as an adult, plus a few more documents. And also translations are needed.
And also just in case I will write here if youYou will enter Thailand by stamp (not on a visa), then the birth certificate of the child, his translation, as well as permission to leave the second parent, you do not need.
- A separate application form is filled in for the child in English, if he has his own passport. And a separate entry in the electronic queue.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of application + copy of the main page.
- Sponsorship letter in English from the sponsor.
- 1 photo 4x6.
- Birth certificate + notarized and translated copy.
- Help from school (if the child is schoolage) that he is released. As I understand it, this is something like an analogue of a job certificate for an adult. I don’t know if I can indicate that I’m not studying or at home.
Logically, you can, because there will not be any papers.
- Permission from the second parent to leave (translated and certified) and a copy of the first page of his foreign passport if his passport is not served on the visa in the same set of documents.
- If the birth certificate of the child contains another surname of the mother / father, then you still need a document (also translated and certified) from the registry office about changing the name. In English.
How to fill in the form
It is important. They can find fault with every little thing, and every time everything changes. Then they find fault with one thing, then they stop. Alas. Corrections are not allowed in the questionnaire, may force them to reprint.
- Nationality - we write not Russian, but Russian Federation.
- Nationality at birth - “Russian Federation” or “USSR”, if the year of birth is included in the period of the USSR.
- Birth place - you need to write what is written in your passport in Latin letters (for example, USSR). Just the city or country name is not in the passport are asked to correct.
- Date of issue - the formats of all dates in the questionnaire are asked to write in the same form as in the passport. For example, if the passport is 03/03/2010, then the date 2010/03/03 is asked to correct.
- Occupation - I wrote "Individual Entrepreneur",since i sp. Also there you can write a Programmer or Freelancer and not bring any references from work. If you write Freelancer, then be sure to specify the profession, for example, Product Manager, Programmer, Designer and so on. Do not write "Unemployed", do not like the unemployed.
- Current address - the address where you live in Russia, with an index.
- Permanent address - registration address in Russia, butYou can put a dash, if it coincides with the previous one. I would write the address of registration everywhere, as indicated in the passport of the Russian Federation. If you have a bank account opened in Moscow, then the address of registration must be in Moscow, otherwise they will be charged.
- Traveling by - the usual Airplane is asked to correct the name of the airline. For example, Aeroflot.
- Duration of Proposed Stay - the length of stay in Thailand. We write specifically: 65 days. That is, the number and "days".
- Date of previous visit Thailand - you need to specify the exact dates when you were last time in Thailand, for example, 06/01/2018-30.06.2018.
- Countries for which travel document is valid - we write ALL.
- Proposed Address in Thailand - write the address of the hotel without a name.
- Name and Address of Local Guarantor - must be filled. Name, address and phone number of a relative or any contact person in your hometown (where you have a registration address) who is not traveling with you.
- Guarantor in Thailand - must be filled. Usually, everyone here duplicates the address and telephone number of a Thai hotel / apartment / house. No matter what you write there, no one checks.
- Date - the date of submission of documents. It is important!
In the questionnaire for children in the item Marital Status seta dash, in the Occupation paragraph for preschoolers, we write Child. Point Names, dates and places of birth of minor children, if they are not filled, put a dash.
You can re-fill in the form and print it ina copy center at Bolshaya Sukharevskaya Square, 16 / 18s1. Cost 55r. Return with a converted questionnaire is allowed. They say that they fit into the interval specified in the electronic queue, but in fact you can at any time before 12, you just need to agree with those already in the electronic queue to be missed.
In what order to put the documents
It is better to do so because they find fault. The order of the documents enclosed in the international passport, on a set on each person. Documents all checked immediately upon submission.
- Consular fee of $ 40.
- Listing of the invitation (registration)
- Questionnaire with pasted photo
- A copy of the first page of a passport
- Certificate from the bank or sponsorship documents
- Help from work (if indicated that you are working)
- Electronic air ticket
- Reservation housing
How I applied for a visa (personal experience)
I got a visa in 2017, the feedback is outdated. Read the latest comments below, there is all the news.
Also, all the information above ^^^ is also updated promptly. Update date of the post at the beginning near the title.
- Questionnaire filled in on the model.
- Photo pasted 3x4 color and biennialprescription instead of officially required fresh 4x6. That is, the size of the photo is not particularly important, as long as you are on it, and not someone else. The photo should be immediately pasted on the questionnaire.
- The original bank statement in Avangard in English with the amount of 300 thousand rubles. In the statement, the data of my RF passport was written, not zagrana, but this is not important.
- Translated into English SP certificate with notarization.
- Served tickets Moscow-Bangkok-Moscow from Qatar with 62 days between flights. Printed in English.
- Consular fee of $ 40.
The delivery of the documents itself takes a couple of minutes while the docks are being checked. Getting a visa - 10 seconds, just a receipt and you will immediately passport.
To do a visa in Moscow or in Laos / Malaysia
Let's calculate how much a visa is issued in Moscow per person if you live in Moscow or close by. Consular fee of 40 USD is not taken into account, it is always there and the same everywhere.
- 4 trips by subway - 200 rubles
- Fare to Moscow
Total it turns out that a single-entry visa in Moscow will cost quite a bit, and the cost increases with your distance from Moscow.
If you do visa in laosthen, firstly, you have to spend two days onthe trip (and time = money), secondly, the cost will be: overnight at the hotel 500-1000 baht, and moving back and forth by bus 1500-2000 baht (more expensive by plane), that is, somewhere 3000-5000 baht in depending on the degree of comfort you need on this trip.
In my opinion, despite the additional documents required by Moscow, a visa here is still somewhat easier / cheaper if you are a resident of Moscow or a region.
P.S. Simple questions have become frequent. Before asking, read carefully the entire post, it contains 99% of the answers to your questions. If the answer is in the post, I will not answer it in the comments, respect my time, read the post.
Life hacking 1 - how to buy a good insurance
Life hacking 2 - how to find a hotel 20% cheaper
Life hacking 1 - how to buy a good insurance
Life hacking 2 - how to find a hotel 20% cheaper