Features of Argentina
Argentina is a country famous for its mixture of ethnic groups, cultures, but at the same time it is one of the most «Europeanized» countries in South America. What are the national characteristics of Argentina?
Features of history and their impact on local culture
In Argentina, there are many immigrants from Germany, the Slavic states and the British Isles, but there are practically no Indians. Only in the far north and south do Indians live, creating isolated groups. Ethnic groups at the same time have almost no influence on the country, but at the same time have a significant impact on the local culture. Without a doubt, Argentina is a special country.
At the beginning of the 21st century, the state was overwhelmed by economic crises, as a result of which many citizens feel social tension. A noticeable differentiation begins to appear in society, which gradually leads to panic. The number of beggars is gradually increasing, although there have been «villas», representing illegal settlements recognized as spontaneous. Despite the crises, Argentines strive to remain what they were, to preserve their own traditions that have existed for a long time.
Features of the temperament of Argentines
- Local residents are characterized by «Latin» temperament that manifests itself in men and women.
- Argentines strive to be attentive to each other, to expats and tourists. Increased attention fosters a sense of security and an understanding that you can ask for help when needed.
- Almost everyone is polite, this is a tribute to tradition. Politeness is not window dressing, but natural behavior.
- Argentines are resentful, but not vindictive. You can make peace with ease. However, do not go too far, because Argentines are proud of themselves and their homeland, so resentment on this basis can be strong..
- Unfamiliar people should shake hands, and good acquaintances should kiss on the cheek. Be tactful and you will definitely establish a good relationship with a new acquaintance..
- Argentines are interested in politics and football, so it is advisable to be able to maintain these two topics in conversation.
Spoken languages in Argentina
Most residents only speak Spanish. Besides, people are used to using jargons and slangs. Only employees of hotels and large shopping centers understand English, but they can also try to switch to their native language.