Getting from Moscow to Tallinn is not difficult by train, but aviation makes it faster and more comfortable. The Estonian international airport is connected with the capital of Russia by the wings of the native Aeroflot and Estonian Air. You will have to spend only 1 hour and 40 minutes in the sky. From St. Petersburg to Tallinn there are flights of "Russia" and the same Estonian airlines. Travel time will be just over an hour.
Estonia International Airport
The only air harbor in the country is located 5 km north-west of the center of Tallinn. The city where the airport is located is one of the most beautiful in the Baltics, and therefore there are a great many tourists on its streets at any time of the year. Airport transfers provide both public transport and taxi cars:
- The bus stop is located on the ground floor of the passenger terminal. Route 2 goes to Tallinn city center and route 65 to Lasnamäe.
- High-speed shuttles from the airport to the capital of Estonia operate seven days a week.
- There is a railway station 800 meters from the terminal, from where you can get to Tallinn station by suburban train in a few minutes. The distance to the station will help you to overcome the bus route 65.
Fans of independent travel can use the car rental offices in the arrivals area. Sixt, Avis, Hertz and Eurocar have offices here..
The last modernization of the Estonian airport in Tallinn was completed in 2008. The passenger terminal was then expanded to include 18 new gates and 10 additional check-in counters and separate areas for passengers from Schengen and non-Schengen countries. Now the terminal can accommodate twice as many passengers and many additional flights have appeared in its schedule. You can get to Tallinn by air on the wings of several airlines:
- Aeroflot flies from Sheremetyevo.
- AirBaltic operates regular flights from Berlin, Paris and Stockholm.
- EasyJet connects Tallinn with London and Milan.
- LOT Polish Airlines flies passengers to Warsaw and Lufthansa to Frankfurt.
- Low-cost airline Ryanair is responsible for destinations to Bergamo, London and Manchester.
- Turkish Airlines delivers passengers to Istanbul shores.
The national carrier Estonian Air has flights to Brussels, Amsterdam, Kiev, Oslo, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Stockholm and Vilnius.
Service and service
The Estonian International Airport has three restaurants, a pharmacy, a Duty Free shop, a cigar salon, a bookstore and souvenir kiosks. You can send correspondence at the post office, go online - at the Internet cafe. Baggage packing service is available in the check-in hall, and currency exchange is available in the arrivals area.