Features of Colombia
Do you want to start exploring South America? Perhaps you should visit Colombia? Knowing what national features of Colombia can be useful for tourists?
Features of Colombia
- Colombia is located in the northwestern part of South America. The state is one of the largest in the world (26th place in the overall ranking). The area is home to the Spanish-speaking population, which is the second most populous. Borders pass with Venezuela, Brazil, Panama, Peru, Ecuador. It is important to note that highlands, savannas, and tropical forests are located on the territory of Colombia. The proximity to the equator means there is no change of seasons, so the sunny weather can be throughout the year, but snowfalls occur in mountainous areas. Bogota, the capital of Colombia, is one of the highest mountainous cities in the world.
- Colombia produces 12% of the world's coffee. At the same time, the local coffee has a pleasant taste..
- The country's history has resulted in a diverse population of Colombia. Currently, the country is a multicultural society in which the features of European, African, Indian, Middle Eastern cultures are intertwined..
- The national flag of Colombia has existed since November 26, 1861. It includes three colors, namely yellow, blue, red. The three horizontal stripes have a special meaning. Yellow is the symbol of the Federation of Greater Colombia, blue is independence from Spain, red is courage..
- Tourism has been actively developing since the 40s of the last century. Tourists are attracted by numerous attractions located in Bogota, Cali, Medellin, San Andres. Noteworthy are the Vallenato Lefend Festival, the Flower Festival.
Peculiarities of Colombian cuisine
The national cuisine turns out to be original and delicious. Colombians are ready to offer fried bananas, pumpkin sweets, unusual seafood dishes, fish with the addition of coconut milk. Colombian cuisine is also famous for its spicy sauces, which allow you to discover new facets of the flavors of various dishes..
You can buy delicious kebabs on the streets of many cities «pintxos» from pork meat with paprika. Culinary traditions vary by region of Colombia: Amazon, plains «llanos», Tolima, Cali and Valle de Cauca, Santander, Andes, Pacific Ocean and Caribbean.
Make sure the local culture and cuisine deserves your attention!