Taxi in Andorra
Given the lack of rail links in the country, taxis in Andorra play an important role in transportation. This type of transport is relevant both in the city and beyond. Often the clients of the carrier companies are those who want to get to the nearest ski lift. Basically, the machines are equipped for the transport of skis and other equipment..
You can call a taxi in Andorra by calling the following numbers: +34 693 45 10 59 (Taxi Bcn Catalunya); +376 81 24 45 (Taxi Exppress); +376 678 078 (Taxi Ferran); +376 605 050 (Taxis Silvestre).
Cost and payment of travel
The tariffs for taxi services in force in the country are divided into two categories:
- The cost of 1 km is 1.09 euros. The tariff is valid on weekdays from 6:00 to 22:00;
- The cost of 1 km is 1.30 euros. The tariff is valid on weekends and holidays or on weekdays starting from 22:00.
Getting in the car costs € 2.50 at any rate. Downtime and waiting are priced at € 18.5 per hour. Calls can be made from a hotel, restaurant or store.
On average, moving around the central part of Andorra costs from 6 to 10 euros, and a transfer to the ski lifts will cost from 15 euros. The cost of a taxi ride to the ski lift for a company of 3-4 people will be approximately twice the cost of a similar service on a bus.
Features of taxi in Andorra
- Local residents and tourists know that waiting for a taxi can take a long time and last up to 1 hour. If the car is expected in the mountains after dark, you can wait for a taxi much longer.
- Leaving a tip to taxi drivers is not accepted, but the taxi driver can round up the amount to a higher value.
- Drivers generally speak good English.
- Catching a car in small villages can be problematic. In this case, it will be more convenient to call a taxi by phone.
- Some dangerous sections of mountain roads in Andorra are poorly covered. If there is a concern, you should ask the driver to plot the route only along high-quality roads or tunnels, even if they are paid.