Features of Australia
Australia is a sunny country with exotic animals and interesting culture. The nature here is breathtaking and well worth the long journey. But the national peculiarities of Australia should be found out before the plane lands at the airport..
- Despite the strong influence of the British, liters and meters are still used here..
- Failure to appear at the polls is punishable by a fine.
- Tipping is not very common, but if anything, locals are unlikely to refuse.
- Melbourne has the largest tram network in the world.
- Australia has very high social benefits.
- If there is furniture or household appliances on the street near the house, then you can safely take them. It is not accepted to throw anything out here, suddenly it will come in handy for someone...
Communication and national character
Australians are very friendly and open to communication. In a conversation with them, one should not be surprised at jokes and barbs. Usually, Australians quickly move to informal conversations. For a while, a language barrier may arise, since Australian English and the manner of speaking among the locals are rather peculiar.
First of all, Australians value: individuality; truthfulness; independence. Also, local residents practically do not recognize authorities, and very rich people in Australia are rarely honored with respect. Here, first of all, they look at the qualities of character, and only then at the financial capabilities. Talking about income is not welcome here. Australians love to travel, but only in their own country, they are rather indifferent to other countries. This is strange since the majority of the population are immigrants..
Some habits in Australia remained English, while others were formed due to the hot climate. They have dinner here at about 7 o'clock and it is quite possible that it will be a barbecue. Kangaroos in Australia are not particularly eaten, nor are rabbits, but they prefer to eat more sheep meat..
Many local dishes are still dishes from different cuisines of the world. Only they are prepared in Australian style. Meat pie, biscuits, chicken are considered exclusively local. «Melbourne». They also adore seafood here, and they cook them in different ways - traditionally or with a slight Asian touch. Australians drink local wine and beer from alcoholic beverages.