Zoo in Salzburg
The menagerie of the archbishops of Salzburg became the progenitor of the modern city zoo and, according to local historians, its history goes back at least three hundred years. In its present form, the Salzburg Zoo was born in 1961. It covers 14 hectares in the Anif district in the southern part of the city and is home to 1,200 residents representing almost 150 different species of the animal kingdom..
The Zoo in Salzburg is better known as Tiergarten Hellbrunn. It is located at the foot of Mount Hellbrunn, and its visitors can get an idea of the fauna and climatic zones of different parts of the world on planet Earth. The workers and organizers of the park do everything possible to make its inhabitants feel natural in the enclosures and pavilions, and therefore special attention is paid to the state of the infrastructure..
In the Salzburg Zoo, pets of different species often have direct contact with each other, which, according to scientists, makes their life more diverse and rich, and the observation opportunities for visitors are more comfortable and fulfilling..
How to get there?
Zoo address - Hellbrunnerstraße 60, 5081 Anif, Austria.
You can get there by private car on the Salzburg-Süd motorway, leaving it at the sign for Anif. Then turn left at the first traffic light. The entrance to the Salzburg Zoo will be 1 km after the turn. There is a free parking lot for its visitors on the territory of the park..
For public transport, take bus 25 from the Hauptbahnhof.
Opening hours of the zoo at different times of the year:
- From November to February inclusive, the park is open from 09.00 to 16.30.
- In April, May, September and October - from 09.00 to 18.00.
- In March, the zoo can be accessed from 09.00 to 17.30.
- In the period from June to August, visitors are expected from 09.00 to 18.30.
Every Friday and Saturday from early August to mid-September, Salzburg Zoo hosts special evening events and is open until 22.30. The exact timing of these actions should be specified on the zoo's website..
The entrance ticket price differs for different categories of visitors:
- An adult ticket costs 10.50 euros.
- Children from 4 to 14 years old are entitled to a reduced rate - 4.50 euros.
- Teenagers between 15 and 19 years old must pay 7.00 euros for entry.
- Disabled visitors receive discounts. Tickets for them will cost 7.50 euros.
- Seniors over 65 will pay 9.50.
Visitors must have a photo ID to receive discounts. Visiting the zoo with dogs is possible. The owner must purchase a ticket for 2.50 euros and take the pet on a short leash. Guide dogs do not need a ticket.
Services and contacts
Salzburg Zoo has a restaurant and souvenir shops.
Details on the official website - www.salzburg-zoo.at.
Phone +43 662 820 1760.