Zoo in Paris
The zoological garden in the heart of France was opened in 1934 in the 12th arrondissement of Paris and has since become a favorite resting place not only for children in the capital and their parents, but also for numerous guests. The area of the park is not very large - only 14.5 hectares, but hundreds of animals feel comfortable on its territory, for which habitat conditions as close as possible to natural conditions have been created..
The zoo is often referred to as the Bois de Vincennes and is an integral part of the National Museum of Natural History in Paris. The townspeople have come up with the nickname "Big Rock" for their favorite park - a 65-meter artificial rock in the park is visible far beyond its borders.
The best expositions of the zoo in Paris, according to its regular visitors:
- Animals of Patagonia. Meet the puma, penguins and sea lions.
- Amazonian selva. Jaguars, tapirs and giant anteaters are the most popular of its inhabitants.
- Madagascar island. The boa constrictor and the panther seem to have left the pages of bright children's books.
Pride and achievement
The main attraction of the zoo in Paris is a huge greenhouse, which recreates the climatic conditions of the equatorial zone of the planet. Here you can see birds of paradise and bright butterflies, rare plants, variegated fragrant flowers.
In 2014, the reconstruction of the Vincennes Zoo was completed, and now its visitors have become much more comfortable watching the animals. The guests of the park received new spacious aviaries and feel like in their homeland in the updated interiors.
How to get there?
Zoo address: Route de Ceinture du Lac Daumesnil, 75012 Paris, France.
The easiest way to get there is using the Paris metro:
- Take Line 8 to Porte Dorée station, then walk a few minutes.
- By train Line 1 to Saint-Mandé station, then - about 800 meters to the entrance to the zoo on foot or to Château de Vincennes station, where you change to bus route 46.
Buses 86 and 325 also run to the zoo. The stop is called "Zoo".
The opening hours of the zoo differ in winter and summer:
- From October 20 to March 27, the park is open from 10.00 to 17.00.
- From March 28 to October 19, it is open from 9.30 to 19.30 on weekends, on holidays and school holidays and from 10.00 to 18.00 on weekdays..
Entrance ticket price:
- Children from 3 to 11 years old - 14 euros.
- Adults - 22 euros.
- Youth from 12 to 25 years old - 16.50 euros.
To receive benefits, you must present documents with a photo.
Ticket offices close approximately one hour before the zoo closes. Cash, checks and bank cards are accepted as means of payment.
Services and contacts
In the Vincennes Zoo, you can dine in restaurants and have a picnic in specially designated areas, buy souvenirs in memory of a walk, spend a birthday or celebrate any other event.
All additional information can be found on the official website of the park www.parczoologiquedeparis.fr. Inquiries by phone +0 811 22 41 22.