The smallest Indian state of Goa is a real Mecca for those who prefer a relaxed beach holiday. Here, nothing distracts from attempts to go to nirvana, and the surrounding landscapes, local cuisine and pleasures that are not too allowed in other places make tours to Goa a way to get everything from your vacation at once..
Tours to Goa are best planned for the period from December to February. At this time, the state is quite hot, but dry, and therefore you can rest more comfortably than in other months. The rainy season on the western coast of Hindustan, where Goa is located, begins in June and lasts until September. The relatively cool weather at this time is accompanied by a huge amount of precipitation, which makes the air too humid for comfortable rest..
You can swim during the tour in Goa at any time of the year. The water warms up to almost +30, but during the rainy season, due to frequent storms, the sea is muddy, and high waves can be dangerous for not too experienced swimmers.
Briefly about the important
- Died in Goa and was the second governor in it, the Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama discovered India at the end of the 15th century. The capital of the state is named after him today..
- At the end of the 80s of the last century, the musical direction of Goa-trance was born in Goa. It is electronic music influenced by Indian classical music and psychedelic rock..
- The influence of the Portuguese colonists, who remained in Goa until the middle of the twentieth century, made the state not quite like the rest of India. This contributed to the emergence of hippies in these parts, who founded their colonies on the territory of Goa..
- The beaches here stretch for more than 40 kilometers. Tours to Goa in its southern part are a more expensive vacation, and local hotels are designed for a solid wallet and have many stars on the facade. The northern part of the state is a more democratic resort area, where it is noisy but cheap and fun.
- The length of a direct flight between Moscow and Dabolim International Airport in Goa is 6.5 hours.
- The most remote Goan beach where you can taste the best mussels on the entire coast is Betul. In order to get on it, you will have to rent a motorboat.
- Most of the Russian holidaymakers rest on the Morjim beach. Here you can not only talk about the prices for renting Moscow apartments and the dollar exchange rate, but also taste dumplings and borscht when homesickness becomes unbearable.