Features of India
India is a bright and incredibly interesting country with its own specific way of life, as well as one of the most ancient civilizations, whose traditions are still honored. Hindus are so different from all other peoples, and the national characteristics of India are so unique that it is simply impossible not to notice it..
Communication and character
They never shake hands in India. To greet, you just need to join your palms as if for prayer. Although an exception can be made for foreigners. Demonstration of feelings will also be superfluous, because in India it is not customary even to hold hands.
Hindus are very friendly and religious. In India, perhaps, there are all world religions, but this does not cause any problems, all peacefully exist with each other. Also, the caste system is still widespread here, that is, people are divided into social groups by origin. This regulates their whole life, their professions and duties, although in large cities they try to gradually move away from this..
Hindus respect family traditions very sacredly; there are practically no divorces here, only in special cases. Girls in India are brought up specifically for marriage, and their father is engaged in the choice of the groom..
- India has a huge number of ancient temples, some are even carved into the rocks. Many of them are under the protection of UNESCO.
- In addition to Hindi, India has many different local languages, it all depends on the particular region of the country. In total, there are 22 official languages here.
- There are hardly those who have not heard of Bollywood - it is the largest film industry in the world (and not Hollywood, as many think), which makes about 800 films a year..
- Almost all women wear national clothes (saris) in India, but men most often dress in the western way..
Do's and don'ts in India:
- Hurt cows. This is a sacred animal for Hindus..
- Come on time. In India, both people and transport are always late, so it is better not to come in advance, otherwise you will have to wait a very long time.
- It is also not worth showing aggression, the Indians will not understand this and will be offended..
- You can not point your finger, and also direct the soles of shoes towards people or the altar - this is disrespect.
- Drink tap water. You can get sick.
- You can't help bargaining in India. It's kind of a local custom, but you have to be able to bargain. Here it is a whole performance, a kind of game, the rules of which you need to know.
- You can not go to the temple in shoes and take pictures without permission.