Shopping in Jerusalem
Jerusalem is not just a city that can bewitch and enchant, beckon and fall in love with itself, it is one of the most mysterious places on the planet, attracting a huge number of tourists and pilgrims. As for shopping, among the cities of Israel it is Jerusalem that is associated with interesting and inexpensive shopping. It is, of course, less interesting in this regard than Tel Aviv, but the assortment to choose from is quite wide..
Of course, guests of the city are unlikely to be tormented by the question of what to bring from Jerusalem, since even a small bottle of holy Jerusalem water will be a wonderful gift for family and friends. But you can always find many other interesting gifts..
Modern Jerusalem offers about a dozen huge shopping complexes with many boutiques, restaurants and entertainment centers where you can spend the whole day.
Don't know what to bring from Jerusalem as a souvenir or a gift to your family and friends? Basically, you can buy almost anything in this city. At the same time, there are several items that are most often taken away from here..
Popular shopping in Jerusalem
- Religious souvenirs. A great option for believers would be a pilgrimage set consisting of a handful of Jerusalem earth and blessed oil. Special protective amulets are especially popular with tourists, the most common among them is the hamsa amulet («God's hand»). According to legends, this Jewish amulet saves from the evil eye.
- Jewelry. Jewelry connoisseurs can purchase jewelry of amazing beauty in Jerusalem. In this city, they are much cheaper than in Russia or other European countries. Jewelry made of silver and gold, as well as world-famous Israeli diamonds, are recommended to be purchased in jewelry stores or factories, where you will be provided with a guarantee and a quality certificate. Otherwise, you may be sold a substandard item or a fake. Jewelry lovers should visit jewelry stores «Michal negrin», where a huge number of jewelry and many amulets from semi-precious and precious stones are sold.
- Medical cosmetics. No woman can leave Jerusalem without purchasing local medicinal cosmetics. Cosmetic products made from minerals and salts of the Dead Sea have become known all over the world due to their healing properties. Local cosmetics, mud, sea salt are recommended to be purchased in pharmacies and specialty shops in the city..
- Wine. In almost every Jerusalem store, you can buy very high-quality, but not too expensive, Israeli wine, since it is in Jerusalem that excellent wines are produced. It is worth noting that one person can take no more than three bottles of wine out of the country..
- Lovers of leather goods should visit the Arab market of Jerusalem, and real hostesses should visit the Armenian quarter, where a huge assortment of ceramic dishes is presented: cups, plates and much more..
The selection of things and souvenirs that can be brought from the beautiful city of Jerusalem is quite large. It would only be enough money and time to choose a purchase!