Districts of Milan
Looking at the map of the capital of Lombardy, you can see that the districts of Milan are 9 zones with numerous districts of interest for holidaymakers.
Names and descriptions of the main districts of Milan
- Central area: it is worth walking along Piazza Cadorna, where the Monumento alla Moda is installed, going to inspect the Sforza castle (guests will be invited to look into several museums and relax in the garden) and the Santa Maria delle Grazie church (here you can see the famous fresco by Leonardo da Vinci "The Last Supper "), make an appointment at the fountain located on the Castle Square.
- Fashion Quarter: this area is of interest for its restaurants, shops of famous brands, vintage shops, the commercial center of Armani, the Vittorio Emanuele II gallery (in addition to shops, exhibitions and concerts are waiting for guests), the Duomo square, the Cathedral of Santa Maria Nachente.
- Sant'Ambrogio: the main attractions are the Basilica of Saint Ambrose (famous for the 9th century gold altar and the 5th century chapel, under the dome of which you can see a golden mosaic) and the Leonardo da Vinci Museum (visitors will see drawings and wooden models of the great inventor).
- Brera: famous for the Pinacoteca Brera, where you can admire the collection of Italian painting (14-19 century) and the works of masters of European painting (15-17 century). By planning a walk along the street of the same name, guests will be able to visit craft shops, art galleries, bars, small pizzerias.
- Navigli: interesting for the church of San Cristoforo and for its canals (you should come here to admire the sunsets and take romantic photos). It should be noted that on the last Sundays of the month, those who wish are invited to visit the antique market (you can get art objects and antique furniture), which unfolds along the Grand Canal.
- Porta Venezia: shopaholics can walk along Buenos Aires (they can purchase designer items and things that are affordable), and tourists with children can visit the city park Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli (it has monuments, fountains, a pond with swans and ducks inhabiting there, attractions , playgrounds, Museum of Natural History, planetarium, pavilions for performances).
- Sempione: it is recommended to explore the Arch of Peace and relax in the Sempione Park (ideal for picnics; the Palace of Arts is open, where those wishing to attend an exhibition of design and applied arts are invited; facilities for sports and games are equipped).
- Assago: interesting by the Datch forum sports complex - those who want to swim, play bowling, go ice skating, attend various concerts flock here.
Where to stay for tourists
Those who are keen on shopping can stay in one of the Fashion Quarter hotels, but accommodation in them is unlikely to be affordable for tourists with an average income (those traveling by car may not be ready for the established parking prices).
You can find relatively cheap accommodation in the vicinity of Stazione Centrale train station. Another plus of accommodation in this area is the proximity to the city center (the journey will take half an hour on foot, and 10 minutes by metro or tram).