Taxi in Latvia
Taxi in Latvia is a well-organized, well-ordered system that has developed over decades. Private carriage is not practiced here. Taxi cars can be absolutely any color, but the distinctive sign of this type of transport is a yellow state number, the emblem of the carrier company and a plafond on the roof of the car. Also, on one of the doors of the car, the city in which the taxi company that owns the car is located must be written..
Features of the Latvian taxi
Taxi services in Latvia are provided by approximately 50 or slightly more taxi companies. Most often the cars are not new, but they are in perfect condition. The most convenient way to order a taxi is by phone, and it will arrive at the address you indicated. You will have to wait 15-20 minutes, but this is absolutely normal waiting time for residents of Latvia. Therefore, if you are in a hurry, then call the car in advance..
Taxis can be taken at the nearest parking lot or simply walk up to crowded places. Usually a couple of taxis are parked there. Before calling a car to the address, check with the dispatcher if it is possible to pay with a credit or other bank card. Most often, such an opportunity is provided, but there are exceptions. If you need a check, then ask the taxi driver to give it to you. There is a law that obliges taxi drivers to issue checks to customers. Before setting off, ask the taxi driver for an approximate fare or negotiate a price that will suit both of you..
- You will need to pay for the landing - approximately 2.13 euros. Maybe less, but not more.
- For 1 km of track - maximum - 0.71 euros.
- If the calculation is based on time, then for one minute you will pay approximately 0.14 euros.
Phones of the main taxi companies:
- Baltic Taxi. Cars in this fleet can be recognized by their bright light green color. The drivers work here are honest and polite. Company phone - 8500 or (+371) 20008500.
- Riga taxi park - 8383 or 80001313. This company is one of the oldest in the city.
- PANDA-Taxi - 67,000,000.
In 2011, taxi fares were established by law, but they may vary slightly depending on which company you use, where you need to go and at what time of day you call a taxi..