Shopping in Vilnius
Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, is a small geographically small city, but despite this, it is a fairly large center of trade. About 500 thousand inhabitants in Vilnius have at least six large shopping and entertainment centers, not counting a huge number of individual stores, all kinds of boutiques and shops.
Shopping in Vilnius is a very exciting business. And many tourists have been convinced of this long ago, since the prices for most of the goods offered here are significantly lower than in other European cities, not to mention Moscow.
The main shopping street is Gediminas Avenue, which originates from the Old Town and stretches up to the Neris River. As for shopping centers in Vilnius, among them it is worth noting: Akropolis, Ozas, Panorama, Europa, VCUP, Parkas Outlet and Garyunai market. All shopping centers of the city are interesting in their own way, original and not similar to each other. Products in stores can be presented by both international manufacturers and domestic ones. On the streets of Vilnius you can find boutiques of such famous brands as Zara, Armani, Hugo Boss, Prada, Maxmara, Mango, GF Ferre, La Perla and Emporio Armani.
While resting in this beautiful city, you will not have to ponder the question of what to bring from Vilnius? Since the capital of Lithuania impresses with its variety of goods that are of local origin and have a special flavor.
What can be bought in Vilnius
- Amber. In this city «solar» stone is sold literally everywhere. Here at affordable prices you can buy not only wonderful jewelry made of warm transparent amber, but also all kinds of other amber products: photo frames, candlesticks, cufflinks, chess, figurines and much more. Handcrafted amber products are very beautiful.
- Ceramics. It is also customary to bring traditional ceramics from Vilnius - figurines of devils, beer mugs, plates, ashtrays and much more. Ceramic products are inexpensive. They can be bought in the same place as amber - on the central city streets..
- Linen and wool products. An exquisite gift will be products made from natural linen, for example, tablecloths, napkins, bedding, elegant hats, original bags. And knitted and woolen products will be a wonderful gift - mittens and scarves, shawls, hats, knitted and knitted toys with traditional motives..
- Alcoholic drinks. It is impossible to imagine a trip to the capital of Lithuania without tasting the famous Lithuanian beer. The most famous varieties of Lithuanian beer are: «Kalnapilis», «Svyturys» and «Utenos». Among Lithuanian liqueurs, preference should be given to such popular brands as «Sokoladinis», «Palanga» and «Dainava». You can buy all this both in special stores and shops, as well as in ordinary supermarkets in the city. There is a special rule for the sale of alcoholic beverages in Lithuania. All outlets in Vilnius sell alcoholic beverages only until 22.00.
- Food. Lithuanian cuisine is especially popular in Vilnius. Many tourists want to take away from here a piece of the Lithuanian capital in the form of smoked eel, Lithuanian cheese and bread, and, of course, a traditional pie «shakotis».