Taxi in Klaipeda
Official taxis in Klaipeda are cars with the logo of the carrier company on the body, and taximeters in the cabin. As for taxi drivers, they must be licensed to carry out this activity..
Taxi services in Klaipeda
What not to do in Klaipeda is to try “catch” taxi on the street - this is not accepted here. You can ask to call a taxi for you from the employees of hotels, entertainment or food establishments, or you can hire a car at specialized parking lots (they are located at train stations, at the airport, next to large stores), but you should know that not all cars parked there are have a counter in the cabin, so in this case the fare should be discussed with the driver before setting off (in any case, the cost of the trip will be slightly overpriced compared to ordering a taxi through the dispatch service).
At the service of guests and residents of the city are taxi companies, by calling their office, you can make a request for a taxi:
- “Visoda” (the company is famous for the fact that very little time passes between the application and the submission of the car, and the drivers of these taxis know not only Klaipeda, but also its surroundings very well): + 370 46 222 111;
- “Taxomo”: + 370 46 343 333;
- “Autopunkto Taxi” (using the services of this company, you can reach any place within the city, as well as to other settlements in the district and in the country as a whole): + 370 46 311 211;
- “BalticTaxi”: + 370 46 314 314.
If you wish, you can send an SMS order for a taxi to the number + 370 633 44 553.
It should be noted that the most favorable fares for travel in local taxis are provided if you call a car by phone.
Taxi cost in Klaipeda
Get an answer to the question: “How much does a taxi cost in Klaipeda?” information with a description of tariffs in local taxis will help:
- for boarding you may be asked to pay 1.30 litas (accepting payments for this expense item is not practiced in all taxis);
- 1 km of the way costs about 1.5-1.8 litas;
- for using the Internet you will have to pay 2 litas, and for idle time - 10 litas / 15 minutes.
It is worth noting that for calling a taxi, regardless of the time of day, passengers are not charged any additional fee..
On average, a trip around the city costs 12 litas. If you do not want to be deceived, pay attention to what tariff (night / day) is displayed on the counter during your trip around the city. Important: when traveling from the airport to the city center, the fare will be calculated at a special rate - 5-6 litas / 1 km.
Taxi in the Lithuanian city of Klaipeda is popular with everyone whose desire is to get to the desired destination safely and in the shortest possible time.