Excursions in Yaroslavl
Yaroslavl is an old Russian city that allows you to imagine what Russia was like many centuries ago. The life of the local population is characterized by a calm pace. It is not surprising that Yaroslavl is still one of the most important points of the tourist route called «gold ring of Russia». All excursions in Yaroslavl involve acquaintance with numerous sights.
It is important to note that there are about 800 architectural monuments in the city, which are under state protection. Five years ago, a significant event took place: UNESCO included the historical center of Yaroslavl in the list of World Heritage Sites.
All sightseeing tours in Yaroslavl begin with a tour of the city center. It is important to note that this area is listed as an example of the urban planning policy of the 18th century. Every tourist can see ancient churches and cathedrals, monasteries, because they are located throughout the city. From the very beginning, Yaroslavl makes a special impression, because it appears as an old white-stone city with wonderful gardens and a surprisingly pleasant aura.
The best sights of Yaroslavl
- Church of Nikola Nadein. This temple is notable for the fact that it consists of two churches, namely the old temple and the Annunciation side-altar. The chapel used to have a separate entrance, so it served as a house church. Now the church is perceived as a single one, as a result of which it becomes more valuable for many tourists.
- The Church of the Nativity of Christ became the first in Yaroslavl. For its design were used «ants» tiles that could become «branded» the sign of one of the oldest cities in Russia.
- The Assumption Cathedral of the city keeps unique frescoes. However, church museums are often closed, because the main goal is to preserve ancient frescoes..
- The State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve of Yaroslavl consists of two parts, namely the museum with the main exposition and the Metropolitan Chambers. Every tourist can see amazingly beautiful paintings by the best artists of Russia, as well as old icons.
- The Museum of the History of Yaroslavl allows you to see valuable archaeological finds, documents and models of the city, illustrating important historical events that took place in the life of the city.
Do you want to get to know Russia and better understand its history? In this case, plan a trip to Yaroslavl, it deserves your attention!