Observation decks in Moscow
Moscow is not only the largest and most important city in the country, Moscow is rich in beautiful places and famous sights, which are visited with pleasure by both people who came here on business and tourists. Boldly and with confidence, we can say that the observation platforms of Moscow are one of the most popular and visited places that allow you to see the city from a height, admire the panoramic views and «catch» slight dizziness from the sensation of altitude.
The best observation decks in Moscow
There are a lot of observation platforms that allow you to see Moscow from a height. Consider the most popular sites.
- The observation deck of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior opens a unique view of the central part of the city - the Kremlin, the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the Patriarchal Bridge and a number of other famous objects of the capital. It is located at an altitude of more than 40 meters, and it is not so easy to get to this site. You need to contact the tour desk (it is located at the entrance to the Transfiguration Church, from the side of Soymonovsky passage). You can get to the site only accompanied and with an excursion group, on the way to the goal there are many «obstacles» in the form of gateways with doors, as well as CCTV cameras.
- Another popular observation deck in Moscow is located in the bell tower «Ivan the Great». You can get here on any day except Thursday. Admission is strictly on tickets and strictly at the time indicated for the sessions (10:00, 11:15, 13:30, 14:45). The height of the site is 25 meters, there are 137 steps to be overcome, so older people and small children are not recommended to visit.
- Indescribable beauty opens from a height of 230 meters above the level of the Moskva River - this is the observation deck of the Moscow State University. Lomonosov. It is located on the 32nd floor of the main building of the university, it is open every day, except Sunday, from 10:00 to 20:00 (this is the start time of the last group excursion). The duration of the excursion is 1-1.5 hours, depending on which objects are still included in the visit.
- And, of course, the Ostankino TV Tower should be included in the most popular viewing platforms in Moscow. It is available to visit all days, except Monday, from 10:00 to 20:00. The excursion program takes approximately 1 hour. The site is located at the address - Akademika Korolev street, building 15, building 2, entrance number 2 (VDNKh metro station).
- Closes «top five» in the lists of popular viewing platforms in the capital, there is a platform on Vorobyovy Gory. It is rightfully called one of the visiting cards of the tourist capital; it offers a breathtaking view of the city. The observation deck on Vorobyovy Gory offers a magnificent view of such sights of Moscow as the sports arena «Luzhniki», Cathedral of Christ the Savior, «Moscow City», Moskva River, Ostankino TV Tower, etc. The height of the site is 80 meters above the level of the Moskva River.