Zoo in Stockholm
In the capital of Sweden, Stockholm, the zoo is located on the territory of the ethnographic museum, founded in 1891 on the island of Djurgården.
The name of the world's first open-air ethnographic museum attracts not only fans of history and local history, but also animal lovers. The zoo in Stockholm in Skansen Park is only about two hundred animals, half of them are typical representatives of the Scandinavian fauna.
Here are presented both well-known domestic cows, pigs, geese, sheep and horses, as well as their wild brothers - wolves, brown bears, lynxes, wolverines and moose.
Toddlers are happy to visit the Skansen mini-menagerie, where you can pet a goat or feed chickens.
Pride and achievement
In Skansen Park you can also admire exotic animals that are not found in Scandinavia. The Stockholm Zoo Aquarium and its Monkey World are the real pride of the organizers and employees of the park. More than 100 exotic species of animals open up the wonderful world of the tropics to visitors. Baboons and lemurs coexist here with bats and parrots, and turtles and lizards with crocodiles.
How to get there?
Zoo address - Djurgårdsslätten 49-51, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden.
You can get here from different parts of Stockholm:
- From T-Centralen - on buses 69 or 69K you need to go to Normalmstorg, where change to tram 7.
- From Sussen by bus line 76, then change to Nybroplan on the same tram 7.
- With a rented car from the city center, you can get to Skansen very quickly, but finding parking in this part of the city is quite problematic.
Skansen Park always opens at 10.00. From January to March and from October to December inclusive, the park is open until 15.00 on weekdays and until 16.00 on weekends. All April it is open until 16.00, May, the first half of June and September - until 18.00.
A special work schedule is provided on Swedish holidays, Christmas Eve and New Years. All details can be found on the park's website.
The price of entrance tickets differs depending on the season, age and social status of visitors:
- From January 1 to March 31, the price for adults is 100, for children from 6 to 15 years old - 60 and for pensioners - 80.
- From April 1 to May 31 120, 60 and 100 respectively.
- In the summer months - 170, 60 and 150.
- In autumn, entrance to the park costs 100, 60 and 110 (all prices are in SEK).
Special offers await guests on Christmas Eve, Midsummer Day, New Years and some other holidays. The cost of tickets for such events should be checked on the park's website or by phone..
Services and contacts
Stockholm Park and Zoo Skansen organizes events not only on public holidays. At the request of visitors on the territory, you can spend a birthday or celebrate a memorable family date.
Official site - www.skansen.se.
Phone - +46 8 442 80 00.