Resorts of Switzerland
European Switzerland is not only about cheese, chocolate, watches and reliable banks. For most of Russian tourists, the name of this country is associated with quality rest at any time of the year. Popular resorts in Switzerland are waiting for guests both in winter and in summer, demonstrating not only European comfort and service, but also ideal natural landscapes that make even a short vacation rich and fulfilling..
Always in the TOP
Each resort in Switzerland has its own specialization, which attracts fans of either a beach holiday on the lakes, or winter sports, or spa treatments. There are places where you can successfully combine sports with health improvement, and these resorts in Switzerland are especially popular with Russian and European tourists:
- In the town of Scuol, the inhabitants of Switzerland themselves like to relax. The slopes of this resort are waiting for visitors from December to mid-spring, and both beginners and pros will choose a comfortable ski track here. Snowboarders also do not neglect this resort in Switzerland, dreaming of adding monograms in its fan park. The waters of the healing springs of Scuol are rich in Glauber's salts and are suitable for the treatment of pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and the musculoskeletal system. Just fans of a healthy lifestyle prefer this resort for an excellent opportunity to relax in the mineral waters of the local pools after a busy sports day on the slopes..
- The Leukerbad resort is one of the largest thermal health resorts in the Old World, and therefore those who like to combine active sports recreation with relaxation and health improvement tend to come here. Programs in the Leukerbad treatment centers help to preserve youth and beauty and relax the ligaments, joints and muscles tired of active sports.
Considered the best
For professional skiers, the question of the best resort in Switzerland does not cause a second hesitation. They prefer Verbier, which they believe is the best in the country for advanced athletes. The most difficult "black" slopes, conditions for freeriding, an altitude of 1500 to 3000 meters above sea level, a perfectly tuned system of lifts and various price categories of local hotels - all this makes Verbier an ideal place for spending winter holidays.
In numbers, Verbier looks like this:
- 400 km of unprepared trails for freeriders and about the same number of kilometers of slopes, ideally "licked" for skiing.
- 36 lifts that quickly bring skiers to the starting point.
- A quarter of the slopes in the resort are marked as "black" and about 30% are for beginners..