Taxi in Dubai
Taxi in Dubai is more than 4,700 vehicles owned by the Emirate State Transport Corporation and its franchise companies.
Features of ordering a taxi in Dubai
You can order a taxi in Dubai at a hotel (a hotel employee will call him) or stop it on the street (stop a taxi in places where it is possible to park a car so that it does not interfere with traffic flow - at a bus stop or in “pocket” for parking). If you stop a taxi on the street, the trip will be cheaper than if you sit in a car parked outside the hotel..
Tourists, especially women, are not recommended to sit next to private drivers.
Please note that it is advisable to get into a car equipped with a TAXI board on the roof with a lit yellow light. It is advisable for you, as a passenger, to make sure that the driver has turned on the meter - the boarding fee will be displayed on the screen (it is indicated in dirhams). It is also better to pay in dirhams, since the fare will be more expensive in dollars..
Local drivers know where all the main shopping and tourist points are located, but they may not know how to get to little-known places, so in order to avoid winding up the counter, it is advisable to get a map to show the place where you need to get..
Since there are taxis in Dubai that can travel outside the city (“Long distance”), then using its services, you will have to pay for all passenger seats or split the fare with fellow travelers.
It is worth noting that pink-painted ones run across Dubai “female” taxis (they are intended for women, and the ladies are also the drivers of such taxis). The main taxi ranks are located near shopping centers, hospitals, maternity hospitals, child care facilities..
In addition, the emirate is famous for its water taxis, the main stop of which is Creek Bay..
Taxi cost in Dubai
If you are interested in how much a taxi costs in Dubai, pay attention to the current rates:
- boarding costs passengers 3 dirhams (if you order a taxi by phone, you will pay 6 dirhams), and taking a taxi from Dubai International Airport, boarding them will cost 25 dirhams;
- regardless of the distance traveled, you will pay at least 10 dirhams for travel;
- 1 km of the way costs from 1.6 dirham;
- if you need to get from Dubai to Sharjah, 20 dirhams will be added to the total bill;
- by hiring a taxi for 6 hours, you will pay 300 dirhams, and for 12 hours - 500 dirhams (prices for such services are fixed).
For tourists, a taxi in Dubai is the most attractive type of transport, and using it, every traveler will surely be satisfied.