The UAE has a population of over 8 million.
The first people in the UAE appeared more than 7 thousand years ago - here they were engaged in hunting, fishing, agriculture, trade, and pearl fishing. And the history of the UAE, as a state, began on December 2, 1971 - on this day, the emirs of six emirates decided to create a new state.
Today the UAE is a politically stable and economically developed state in the world, which is famous for a high level of security and life of its citizens..
National composition of the UAE:
- ethnic Arabs;
- Indian diaspora;
- other peoples (people from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Asia, the Philippines).
On average, 65 people live per 1 sq. Km, but the most densely populated areas are the coastline and oases inland.
The official language is Arabic, but English is also widespread in the UAE..
Major cities: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Fujairah, Al Ain.
The majority of UAE residents (96%) are Muslim, and the rest are Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism.
On average, the male population lives up to 74, and the female - up to 76 years..
The main causes of death of the population are cardiovascular diseases, road accidents.
The UAE is famous for its hospitals with a high level of service, which provide a diverse range of services to both local residents and tourists (the hospitals use the latest equipment and advanced treatment methods).
Traditions and customs of the inhabitants of the UAE
Residents of the UAE are a polite and hospitable people who live observing ancient traditions, especially wedding traditions.
Weddings are celebrated today by the Arabs as they were hundreds of years ago. After the bride's family gives approval to the groom's family, both parties begin to prepare for the wedding. But the groom can admire the bride before the wedding only with her male relatives. Having signed the marriage contract, the marriage of the newlyweds will be considered only formally concluded, but they will be able to live together only after the wedding is played. The wedding can be played every other day or any other day throughout the year. A wedding in the UAE lasts 3 days and is accompanied by plentiful treats, dances, songs.
Intending to go on vacation in the UAE? So that during the rest there are no unforeseen situations, you need to know about some important points:
- tourists are forbidden to take pictures of people praying (Muslims carry out prayer rituals 5 times a day);
- you should not eat or drink on the go;
- a fine is provided for garbage thrown out on the street by the trash can;
- the local police can stop any tourist at any time and ask him to show documents, therefore it is advisable to always carry identification documents or their copies with you;
- if you happen to communicate with an Arab, do not ask about his wife - only about the family in general;
- should not be naked (wearing clothes that are too revealing may be perceived by locals as an insult).