Holidays in Spain in October
October is the last month to enjoy your beach holiday in Spain. The average weather forecast for Spain is the same. The air temperature drops to + 22C, and at night - to + 15C. However, the water temperature is + 20 ... 23C due to the fact that it retains the heat that it managed to accumulate over the summer.
In October, there are storms on the coasts, marked by squall winds. The central regions of Spain receive a significant amount of precipitation. Despite the fact that the weather conditions, especially towards the end of the month, are rapidly deteriorating, holidays in Spain in October are ready to please with pleasant impressions, because tourists can enjoy excursions and rich cultural leisure.
Holidays and festivals in Spain in October
Throughout October, vila hosts the Festivities in honor of St. Teresa, which include numerous events, among which should be noted concerts, attractions, bullfights. Solemn Mass and procession are held on October 15, on the birthday of St. Teresa.
- The Festival of Saint Froilan is held in León from 5 to 12 October. On holidays, the city is immersed in an amazing atmosphere: markets stylized for the medieval era, theatrical performances.
- In October, Barcelona hosts the International Jazz Festival, which brings together well-known musical groups. Young musicians wishing to show their talents can also become participants..
- At the end of October, the International Film Festival is held in Valladolid, which was first held in 1956.
- Segovia hosts the San Frutos Festival on 25 October in honor of the city's patron saint. The main place for festive events is Plaza Mayor, where it is customary to organize music concerts. Everyone can taste the garlic soup known as Las Sopas del Santo, which can be translated as "Saint's Soup".
- In Zaragoza, the Virgin Mary Pilar Festival is held in mid-October. Among the activities, it is worth noting the Laying of Fruit and the Laying of Flowers, the Hota Dance Competition, the Gigantes y Cabezudos Puppet Parade, the Beer Festival, theatrical performances, artisan fairs, bullfights, concerts for children and adults..
- In Girona, at the end of October, the Festival of Saint Narcissus is held, including a solemn Mass, entertainment, festive fireworks.
A trip to Spain in October is sure to be remembered for a long time!