Education in the USA
Most international students choose to study at American educational institutions.
What are the advantages of education in the USA?
High quality of education (world level);
Assistance in the employment of students;
Multinationality (the United States is a country of migrants: everyone is equal here);
Flexibility (each student is given the opportunity to choose an educational program for himself that corresponds to his current level of training);
It is easier for American students to find higher-paying jobs than students studying in educational institutions in other countries..
In addition, while receiving education in a particular educational institution in the United States, you can easily transfer from one institution to another..
Choosing a university in America
When thinking about studying in the United States, you should take note of the following tips:
- Choose a university with a study program that matches your age and level of education (Associates Degree, Bachelor's or Master's);
- Check out the list of specialties offered by American educational institutions;
- Decide in which region or state you will study (there are more than 3500 colleges and universities in the USA);
- Decide on a budget (how much you are willing to pay for tuition).
In America, there are small and medium colleges: in small ones there are no more than 1500 people, and in medium ones - from 1500-5000. Important: such colleges provide material assistance to foreign students.
In the United States, you can be in both full-time and evening forms of education. Full-time students study in trimesters (August-December; January-May). And training in the evening form is also carried out in terms of trimesters, but there are no breaks between them..
Regardless of which educational institution you choose, keep in mind that they all begin to work in August, and it is advisable to prepare for admission to an American university in 1-1.5 years.
Before entering a US educational institution, the following steps should be taken:
- Ask the university to send you information about training programs, its location, conditions of admission and residence;
- Fill out the application form on the website of the educational institution (it is an important document that is required for admission);
- Register in advance and take the SAT or TOEFL tests (first find out which of these tests results are required for admission to the university of your choice).