Shopping in Shanghai
Shanghai is not only an industrial center, where the most famous Chinese manufacturers are concentrated, but also a trendsetter of the entire republic. He is very often called «eastern Paris» and a real shopping paradise. Therefore, shopping here is as much an integral part of the process of exploring the city as visiting local attractions. Today Shanghai is a huge metropolis that can offer almost everything, both for beginners and the most experienced and sophisticated shopping tourists..
Many tourists are interested in the question, what interesting things can you buy in Shanghai? Shanghai has absolutely everything. But in order not to get lost in such a variety, you should prepare a small list of the most popular products:
- Chinese tea. Chinese tea has become a traditional purchase for all guests of this beautiful city. This is one of the best souvenirs from China. For real gourmets and connoisseurs of green tea in Shanghai, there is a tea market specially «Tien Shan», where you can smell, touch and even taste any tea you like. In addition, on the market, everyone can buy interesting teapots, original mugs and mini-thermoses, of which there are a lot..
- Antiques. Healers of real antiques who have visited Shanghai will be able to make excellent purchases, since this city has always been distinguished by its antique shops, where you can find various souvenirs from Chinese porcelain..
- Clothes and footwear. Shanghai is a real paradise for all fashionistas and fashionistas. The shopping centers of this city are filled with clothes and shoes from famous fashion houses. For example, boutiques on Changle and Miaoming Streets are lined with rows of shops that sell traditional Chinese-style clothing. Many of these stores have their own workshops where you can customize your newly purchased clothing to size. There are many small shops on Shaanxi and Huaatsao streets with inexpensive but high quality shoes..
- Chinese silk. Shanghai is a city that is a major silk producer. Here you can find the most beautiful silk products at very affordable prices. Foreigners visiting Shanghai do not miss the opportunity to buy silk clothes (national dresses, silk robes, stoles, scarves) and fabrics, as well as various souvenirs made of silk for themselves and their loved ones.
- Jewelry. The variety of sizes and shapes of jewelry can be confusing. Here everyone will find something to their liking. When choosing jewelry, you should take into account the peculiarities of the Chinese markets, because the possibility of being deceived here is quite large, so it is better not to purchase expensive jewelry in markets and small private shops..
The main shopping streets of the city are Nanjing, Huaihai, North Sichuan and Middle Tibetan streets. As for the shopping centers in Shanghai, among them it is worth noting Shanghai Fashion Store, Shanghai New World, Raffles City Shanghai, as well as a large shopping and entertainment complex called Super Brand Mall..